Cubase 11 crash. Very surprised at this

iMac Late 2017
Fresh install of MacOS Big Sur 11.1
Fresh install of Cubase 11
Running the internal audio driver for Mac since my UR22C is not yet optimised for Big Sur

The very first time I open Cubase, naturally I want to get things set up for myself.

I press F4 to open the Audio Connections window. Right click and select Always On Top.

Boom. Cubase instantly quits on me.

I haven’t even started working and already I have experienced a very disappointing crash.

I open Cubase again, go back to Audio Connections and select Always On Top. Boom. Again it just shits itself and quits.

Anyone else experiencing this?

It seems right clicking in the top part of the window will work as expected.

But if you right click in the bottom part of the window (the main part where all the audio connections are displayed), it will crash.

Hi,

Could you ZIP attach the *.crash file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Btw, are you on the M1 processor or still Intel?

Intel. My iMac is several years old.

I’ll get the crash file tomorrow for you. Cheers.

Crash Files.zip (101.8 KB)

Here you go Martin. There are 3 crash files in the zip package.

Hi,

Could you please attach a screenshot and make a node, where exactly did you click to, when Cubase crashed? It’s not exactly clear for me. Thank you.

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Hi Martin,

Here is a short video that shows what I mean. You will see me click in the top part of the window without a problem. The moment I click in the main part of the window it will crash.

1 Like