Cubase 11 crash

Mac mini 2018
Catalina 10.15.6
Cubase 11

Hi, I just switched computers and upgraded to cubase 11, and now for some reason I can hardly open mix sessions. The software will crash while loading tracks. This used to not be an issue, and I am using all the same plugins which have been pretty stable in the past. (High Sierra was my last system)

I have some deliveries to make very soon, and I am having a tougher and tougher time just opening my mix sessions to complete my work.

I still have Cubase 9.5 on my system, and the same issue has been happening.

Is there a way I can minimize these crashes, or work around them and not lose my progress? I’ve tried the option of disabling my preferences and 3rd party plugins, although once my session is open, there’s not much I can do since my mix is basically turned off, and don’t know how to reactivate my plugins.

For some reason the email provided on the contacts in my steinberg doesn’t seam to work as it seems to not be a complete email adresse steinberg[SB]yamaha.ca, and the phone number provided for Canada basically refers me to that email address.

Anyways hope someone can help me
Cheers.

Hi and welcome,

Could you ZIP and attach a *.crash file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Hi Martin, thanks for getting back to me quickly, ok I got the crash file but I can’t upload it here since I am a new user. Would there be another way to send you the file?

Thanks!
Max

Hi,

Could you upload it to Dropbox or similar service and send the link here, please?

Ah no way, I tried to add a wetransfer link and it says I can’t add any links to the message…

Just saw your email, just sent it through the email. Thanks!

Hey @Martin.Jirsak @maxime_philippe I’m also having the same issue my cubase 11 crashes everytime com.steinberg.cubase11.plist file is created i’m on macos, I was on big sur but it crashed so much and C10.5 pro also didn’t work properly so i had to do a clean install of Catalina and hoping it does crash here this time cuz last time I upgraded to big sur from catalina was cuz in catalina there were weird pauses in software GUI

Hi,

Could you attach a (.crash file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

@Martin.Jirsak I have just reinstalled Catalina and installing my plugins back once I’m done with the process and run cubase again I will attach the files

@Martin.Jirsak here are the crash reports of my mac after fresh reinstall of OS, It took a while for setting it up running, After reinstall cubase 11 hasn’t crashed but on several occasions the UI has stopped and showed the spinning candy “wheel” of death on my mac, although there were no audio dropout or total system crash as prior in big sur.Crash.zip (5.5 KB)

Hi,

All the crashes are eLicenser related. Do you have the very latest version installed, please?

How old is your USB-eLicenser, please?

@Martin.Jirsak I had eLicenser version 6.12.4.1275 and checked that the latest eLicenser version is 6.12.6.1282 so I updated to that just now, I think I’m running the latest USB eLicenser. I bought it last July

Here’s a pic of how it looks - https://www.google.com/search?q=elicenser+usb+generation+latest&safe=active&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNuJeNvKfuAhXa7HMBHbSkAooQ_AUIvAEoAQ&biw=1792&bih=947#imgrc=StPgyNr8WukrDM

Hi,

This is the latest USB-eLicenser. Thank you for confirmation.

I would get in contact with official Steinberg support. I’m afraid we have no way to help here on the user forum, sorry.