Cubase 11 crashes on bootup

Hi,

I’ve been using Cubase Pro 10 now for some time and it’s been very reliable.

A while ago I purchased Cubase 11 Pro but never got it to work as it crashes on boot-up I am greeted with this screen (See Pic attached) I click on any of the options to proceed but immediately Cubase crashes.

I would be most grateful if

someone could help me rectify this problem.

Kind Regards

Gerry.

Imac 27inch (late 2012) 3.4Ghz i7, 32gig ram,OSX 10.14.6 Cubase Pro 10/10.5/11/VEP 5Focusrite 212 Audio interface (3rd generation)

Hi,

Atta, the *.ips file, please.

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Btw, if you activated your Cubase Pro 11 recently for the 1st time, you get Cubase Pro 13 license for free thanks to the Steinberg’s Grace Period. It’s worth to check. :wink:

Hi Martin,
Thanks for taking the time out to help me.

Please find my crash logs attached (hope these are the right files)
Regards

Gerry.

ReportCrash_2024-05-01-010936_Gerrys-iMac.crash (77.9 KB)
ReportCrash_2024-05-06-123821_Gerrys-iMac.crash (76.3 KB)
ReportCrash_2024-05-06-123841_Gerrys-iMac.crash (76.1 KB)
ReportCrash_2024-05-06-123900_Gerrys-iMac.crash (76.2 KB)
ReportCrash_2024-05-06-124859_Gerrys-iMac.crash (76.1 KB)

Hi,

All the crashes are the same:
com.apple.CoreSymbolication

There is no Cubase, neither any plug-in mentioned in the crash thread at all. Btw, Cubase 11 wasn’t officially compatible with macOS 10.14, you are using.

VST Connect component might be the culprit here. Try to remove it.

Hi Martin,

I assume I’m looking at the correct window? It doesn’t appear that the VST connect component is connected (please see pic) or am I looking in the wrong place?

Regards

Gerry.

:thinking:

Hi,

This is VST Connection window, not VST Connect component. You can find it in the system components.

I could only find vstconnect.bundle which I put in the trash but it still crashes

Hi,

Please, double-check in the Studio > More Options > System Component Information > Program Plug-ins.

Hi,
I double-checked as requested (please see screenshot) unchecked “VST connect SE” and then rebooted Cubase 11 but it still crashed. This is all being done in my Cubase 10vsn as I can’t access Cubase 11.
regards

Gerry.

Hi,

I would rather remove (or rename) it to remove it completely. It’s in the /Applications/Cubase 13.app/Contents/Components/ folder.

I have renamed it but still crashing (please see SShot)

Hi,

Could you try to rename the extension, please? Instead of the .bundle, try .*bundle, for example.

Hi, tried that it would only name the file as of
screenshot still crashes

Hi,

Sorry, I can still see the change in the file name, not in the extension.

Hi,
It lets me change the the file name but not the extension. Ive tried to change both it but when I edit the name and extension I hit return and it reverts to bundel.

Regards

Gerry