Cubase 11 crashes on dual monitors

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with Cubase 11 Pro, where it has a high likelihood to crash if I am working with dual monitors (one is on my laptop and the other one is plugged in externaly). Cubase pretty much never crashes when it is just one monitor, however, when I use two it can crash pretty frequently

Any thoughts?

Thanks

DELL G5 with Nvidia RTX2060

Welcome to the forum.

What specific Modell of the Dell G5 do you have. Dell has a variety of laptops and desktops with RTX2060 graphics.

1 Like

I had the issue of Cubase becoming unstable while using dual monitors on my Windows PC. Turned out that one of Windows service was the culprit. In my case it was a service named ‘Nihimic’ or something. It was a service that was running in the background since I had an app called Sonic Studio installed in the system ( I think it comes along with Asus ROG motherboards).

So do check for any services/apps you think might be demanding audio/video/graphic card resources and shut them down by opening Services. Or just uninstall such apps if you aren’t using them. Let me know if that works :slight_smile:

1 Like

DELL G5 5500
Intel Core i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
RAM 32,0 GB
Win 11

Thank you very much, I finally solved the problem :heart: