Cubase 11 Groove Agent SE

Installed Cubase 11 successfully this evening using the new processes via Download assistant.

However on installing all the associated packages I notice Groove Agent SE did not do the same thing as Halion Sonic SE.

I have the full packages for both Groove agent 5 and Halion Sonic 3.

When I installed Halion Sonic SE it put a new icon on my desktop on my Mac. But Groove Agent SE did not.

There was also was no specific VST3 plugin for Groove Agent SE that I could see in the plugins folder.

Is this like Spectral Layers in that if you have the full version that version just takes precedent and you can’t run the cut down version?

I just wanted a way of checking all the parts of the Cubase 11 update install actually did install.

Cheers
David

Hi,

This is by specification. HALion Sonic SE is also stand-alone application. Groove Agent SE is plug-in only.

Ok thanks Martin. I’ve dug around inside the software to prove install worked OK and sound files where they should be.

Just another of those little frustrations as I work by observation so prefer to see some indication that something worked at install.

Can you tell me given I have all versions of Groove agent and indeed Halion whether the Full versions contain all the sound sets of the lesser versions or whether there can be minor differences?

Why do I not see a Groove Agent SE vst3 plugin? Is it exactly the same as the Groove Agent 5 Full plugins?

Cheers
David

Hi,

In the latest Groove Agent SE, you have the libraries of all previous Groove Agent SE versions.

Groove Agent SE.vst3 is placed in the Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components.

Thanks Martin.

Cheers
David