Cubase 11 - Loading Cubase for a second time after quitting causes a freeze/crash (windows 10)

I tend to delete all my crash dumps, as i get quite a few of them. Next time it happens I’ll make sure i offer it up. I’m not getting much traffic in my thread so ill keep an eye on yours, although the two might have different causes. Ive never had it happen once its up and running.
I wonder if maybe the background service is getting delayed somehow. Just a wild guess though. This could explain why the second boot works i guess.

(by the way- you can now simply drag the .dmp or .crash files into your post thanks to a change @Ben_at_Steinberg made recently)

2 Likes

Hi @steve

Ah great thanks for that. Is there any personal info in the .dmp file?

I don’t think so, but you should check on your own.

Hi,

Me neither.

1 Like

Hi Martin,

I just wondered if you had chance to peek at the DMP at all yet? I could trace it back to ntdll.dll but couldn’t dig any deeper and wondered if it was perhaps a plug-in hanging in my case?

Hi @Martin.Jirsak,

I disabled using the hub on startup and for the last few days I have not had the hang issue on restarting… I’ll leave it a few more days to give a full confirmation. Did you have a chance to look at the DMP at all?

Thanks!

Hi,

I’m glad to hear.

Sorry, I don’t see any DMP file attached…

Ah I tried to send it to you via a personal message on here… maybe it’s gone missing. The new system is still a bit confusing. here it is.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iiemribehncepbz/AAB_MGmKXnG9Ajs9Y1R7-sT5a?dl=0

Hi Martin,

just an update. Disabling the hub does not fix the issue - Cubase is still freezing for me on second start up now. Not sure what the change was over the last few days. I’m getting a shut down crash now - not sure if this is related at all but I’m getting errors with ‘ole’ on the project I’m trying to work on .

Cubase 11.0.10.321 64bit 2021.2.17 13.58.05.552.dmp (567.5 KB) Cubase 11.0.10.321 64bit 2021.2.17 17.55.07.404.dmp (1014.7 KB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Thanks Martin :slight_smile:

@Martin.Jirsak @steve @Davebass5 @luke7020
I thought I’d let you know that I have discovered on Windows 10 that if I open Elicenser control and have it running in the background during the second start up there is no issue. Seems like the protected Object server really could be the issue after all!

1 Like

Thanks Ed, thats interesting. Although my issue it totally opposite to yours, its 100% repeatable and i do think its to a delay in a service starting up. I have enabled as many services as i can think of to start automatically on boot, but its not helped.

I’m going to try re booting my PC and immediately open the eLicencer as you suggest, and try CB. Normally it wont run within 5-10mins, maybe longer after a crash or reboot of my PC, but for the rest of the day its fine.

This issue has sadly returned for me in the latest 11.0.20 update. It seemed to get fixed in 11.0.10. Rather frustrating :-/

I have this issue too. Is it fixed please?

No. I’m still experiencing this in 11.0.3. I just leave cubase running now when im working on multiple projects in a day. The program seems to be trying to communicate with the elicenser service and just gets jammed up somehow, just before it finishes loading. The only way I can get past this is to restart the computer completely - not even a windows log out user fixes it now.

I have this same issue, and have had it for as long as I’ve upgraded to Cubase 11. Incredibly frustrating.

Hello all, i got this too after reinstall my Nuendo 11 on new machine and think i get the solution after hours searching :slight_smile:
i Open and close more than 10 times and it dont happen again, as Nuendo and Cubase are equal it should work to Cubase too.

*Go to the installation root folder, where your Cubase or Nuendo executable is, in my case: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Nuendo 11

• Right click on Nuendo11.exe and go to properties → compatibility Tab and Mark the option Run as Administrador, click apply and Done.

Hope it works for yours. Best Regards

I have this same issue, but Cubas keep hanging for me on the second load
No crash or fully freeze!
hanging for two or three seconds then runs normal also for seconds and again … hang!!

i think it’s (Steinbereg Ur Driver or eLicenser ) issue because if i re-install my steinberg audio interface driver Or eLicenser the problem disappears for several days,
But the issue keeps back again after a few days, please any solution?