Cubase 11 + M1 + OS11 Mac

Cubase 10.5 works with M1, the Ur44 does not.

Just tested Cubase 11 on the latest MacOS Big Sur 11.2 Beta 2. Same issues with purple/pink windows

Yeeeeei.

I just tested the latest Steinberg usb driver but the soundcard is still unrecognizable.

cubase 11 does not work in the m1 at the moment that is clear
how long does it usually take for steinberg to fix these problems?
for all this time I suppose it will be native to the m1 processor

They just upgraded Steinberg USB Driver 2.0.5 for macOS Catalina (was released in 2019) so they are pretty fast :joy:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Download the 10.5

But they didn’t update any issues at all
Bluetooth issues continue I’m afraid

1 Like

I don’t know about any Bluetooth issues, I was not able to hook the UR28M on Mac not even once in 5 years

1 Like

Eh? I’ve been using that for years on my Mac.

As for a simple patch or update for the M processors. I expect this may take many many months. Possibly not till 2022 and it might be a rocky road from there on but we shall see.

1 Like

I didn’t know this. Bought an AXR4, a new Mac Mini, and updated from 7.5. to 11. Nothing works. All windows are black, the e-licenser is weird and it can’t find the AXR4. No music, that’s for sure. Sad…

1 Like

Use Cubase 10.5. It works well. The AXR4 will not work doe…

Happy to offer support and beta testing for Steiny,

1 Like

OK, thanks! So I´ll have to wait for an update on the AXR4T…

1 Like

Unfortunately yes. As for Cubase, install 10.5 version is working perfectly!!!

1 Like

Will there be a Rosetta-ready version for Cubase 11 soon available at least? Every single other Major Daw works under Rosetta.

In Big Sur 11.0 Cubase 11 worked. It broked in 11.1. As Cubase 11 have graphical issues also on Intel Processors, let’s hope that the next update will fix them on all systems.

I’m loving my M1 MacBook Pro so far, but I hope anyone considering one of these new systems understands it will take 3-12 months for the majority of active developers to fully optimize their software. For those who need mission critical stability and compatibility right now, they’re not ready yet. Even so, I’ve had a surprising level of success across numerous DAWs and plugins at performance levels besting my 15" 2017 MacBook Pro, and it can only get better from here. Rosetta 2 is a significant improvement over Rosetta 1 in almost every way and almost pulls off the trick of being invisible to the user. Even though I’d rate my success rate at 95% so far, there are still wrinkles to iron out like the Cubase 11 issue. iLok, UAD and Native-Instruments are all working now though, which were initially broken at launch. I’m now able to load all of my Live, Reason and Logic projects, including the larger orchestral tracks. Best of all, it makes zero noise.

1 Like

How many tracks does it run. How hard can that machine be pushed.

Oh… I know I should have checked in on this. I upgraded from my old FireWire system to a new mac and a AXR4. In other words equipment worth about $3400 that just wont work. Makes me feel a little stupid… I need a beer.

Well, thanks for the confirmations. I checked it too and 10.5 works. In certain places like Groove Agent and the Sampler Track you get some graphical glitches. Other than that I didn‘t run into any issues as for now. 3rd party plugins, elicenser (software version) and even the mouse driver (logitech options) works perfectly.
Still this device and it‘s setup is considered experimental by me. I expect having some unusual problems every now and then. My main workhorse will be an Intel Mac until the point is reached where Mac silicon can‘t be overlooked by anyone. Which will be for certain at one point in time because there will be only Apple silicon Macs be sold in the future.

here’s the thing: i understand companies like steinberg do not want to use resources to quickly jump on the M1 train, BUT: Cubase 11 has similar GUI Bugs in Big Sur on Intel macs, and since these are the reason it doesn’t run on M1 Macs, i reckon there must be an update for C11 soon anyway…which will hopefully enable it to run on M1’s Rosetta? Cubase 11 on Catalina worked like a charm, snappy gui etc. but it’s a hot mess on ma 2017 Intel Macbook with Big Sur and even worse on my M1 Macbook with Big sur…so, there HAS to be a Fix for the Graphic Bugs will hopefully resolve the M1 Rosetta Issue. C’mon, every other day, as already mentioned, runs on rosetta, Steinberg just messed up the GUI for 11 / Big Sur combo., at least be honest about it.