Cubase 11 - Midi Editor - Show Part Borders issues

Hello,

In Cubase Pro 11.0.10 [Windows Pro 10 20H2], I can see two issues with the Show Part Borders function:

The first issue already happened in Cubase Pro 9.5, and it’s that as the part names appear at the beginning and the end of the part, at the top side of the midi editor, it’s not possible to move the cursor for example near the beginning.

If you click in that area to move the cursor to the beginning, as the part name is there, it ignores the click. If you click higher, it just enables/disables the cycle. That’s was and still is very annoying:

In Cubase 9.5 the only solution was to disable the Show Part Borders function clicking the button. That removed the part names and allowed you to move the cursor to the beginning, etc. Of course you lost the ability to see the part border but that was a workaround.

However, there is a new weird issue in Cubase Pro 11: when you disable the Show Part Borders function, the midi editor background changes from white to a very annoying shade of pink!

It does not make much sense to me, and I don’t know any way to change that color so please would it be possible to fix both issues, or at least the second, or at least allow us to select the background color in the midi editor so it’s the same in both enable or disable part borders?

Note: I wanted to upload screenshots so you can see what I’m talking about, but the forum system does not allow me. I hope you understand what this means, but if unclear please let me know and I’ll try to provide the screenshots by other means.

Thanks and best regards.

Do you have that pink color selected as the cycle color?

After you have read a few topics you will have permissions to upload.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you, indeed that was the Cycle color :smiley:

In case somebody else has the same problem the full path where I was able to correct this was in:

• Preferences → User Interface → Color Scheme → Custom Color Scheme → Editor Area Background → Cycle Region

Thank you very much for your help! :smiley: