Cubase 11 Pro missing impulse and audio files

Installed Cubase 11 Pro from the Download Assistant along with all the other options. When I try to use Reverence, it tells me it can’t find the impulse file (.wav file). I ran through all the additional content on the install .dmg and Library Manager says everything is already registered. Indeed, I can see the .vstsound files where they should be (/Library/Application Support/Steinberger…).

Tried to open the Cubase 11 Demo (Venus) project. It popped up a window telling me a bunch of Hip Hop audio files are missing.

I’ve reinstalled Cubase 11 Pro from the installer, still on my download disk, not through Download Assistant. Same issue.

How do I install all of the missing content?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The library is not part of the Cubase installer anymore. For Cubase 11, you have to download and install the content independently.

With the help of the Steinberg Download Assistant, try to download and install the “HALion Sonic SE 3.4.10 - Instrument” and check again. There are a (very) few vstsound files which are only in the installer for the HALion Sonic SE instrument (not: content), especially “FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound”. You’ll not find this file in any other installer listed under “Cubase Pro 11” or “Cubase Pro 11 Update” in the Download Assistant.

Usually you don’t notice this because the content should still exists from previous Cubase installations. Honestly, I would expect this to be part of a content installer, not instrument installer.

I installed every single item under Cubase 11, not just the main DAW application.

I manually added every .vstsound in the HALion Sonic SE 3 - Content (recommended) directory. In Library Manager, every one of them resulted in a pop-up that the content was already registered. I also did the install of the HALion Sonic SE 3.4.10 - Instrument (recommended) again.

When I insert Reverence in a channel, select a preset–regardless of which preset I’ve tried–I still get the message that the impulse file could not be found.

I would think that Steinberg’s Download Assistant would install all required and relevant files, not require the user to have to hunt around for solutions to broken installs. But, maybe I expect too much.

Sorry for that, can’t think of other reasons, maybe a bad symbolic link? Don’t know. I agree, the installers could be a bit more user friendly, showing what you have already installed and what is missing.

I’m tempted to completely uninstall Cubase Pro 10.5 and 11 both and reinstall 11 manually from the downloads. My fear is, that won’t resolve the issue and then I’ve wasted more time.

Hi,

Actually I would maybe do the opposite. I would install Cubase 10.5 from the Full Installer again. The advantage of 10.5 Full Installer is, you have all you need in one package.

I don’t think there are new impulses in Cubase 11, so you should get all of them with 10.5 Full Installer.

I ran through the Cubase 10.5 Full Installer again. And then I manually opened every .vstsound in the Additional Content folder (all were already registered in Library Manager). In Cubase 10.5 and Cubase 11 both, any instance of Reverence will result in the popup that it can’t find the impulse files. I have searched my hard drive and I can’t find any of those .wav files, either.

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot of Missing files from the Demo project, please?

Sure thing. Here are the missing files from the Demo project:

If I close that window, I then get this:

Here is an example of what happens if I insert REVerence in to the Vocals track and select any preset:

Hi,

I got the same message of missing audio files, but not with the missing Impulses.

Honestly, I think I’m going to just work through the full uninstall instructions, then re-install the full Cubase 11 Pro and see if it fixes anything. Thing is, it’s a PITA, and I really shouldn’t have to do any of this…if the installer actually verified everything was installed.

I have exactly the same issue and did the full reinstall of 10.5 twice to no avail. I was hoping the update to 11 would fix it but it didn’t. I’m not going to go through the whole thing again so now just live with it.
I have three impulse files missing and it complains about them everytime I run reverence.

I posted the issue here at the time but nobody could help.

I took the time yesterday to do the complete uninstall, as found here:

Make sure you empty the Trash after deleting everything.

I even took out Steinberg Download Assistant and Library Manager. Re-downloaded those two from the Steinberg site and reinstalled them.

Then, I manually went through all of the Cubase 11 Pro install files, including all of the optional content. I did not reinstall Cubase 10.5 Pro, as I don’t have the full installer, only upgrades, on disk.

After installing Cubase 11 Pro and all of the content manually, I no longer have missing Reverence impulse files (at least none of the ones I tried), and the Venus demo track project opens up without any of the missing audio file warnings.

Was it a PITA to do all of this? Yes, absolutely. Should the customer have to jump through these hoops to have a functioning environment? No, absolutely.

Für Steinberg: Aber jetzt ist es geschafft und ich gehe weiter. Vielleicht schaue ich im nächsten Upgrade-Zyklus zu Studio One oder gehe zurück zu Ableton.