Cubase 11 Pro, sampler track (drag and drop) not working / crashes without a message

Hello!

I’ve been really enjoying working with Cubase so far, but I can’t seem to figure out why the sampler doesn’t work for me. Does anyone else have the same problem? My Cubase just shuts itself after a few seconds, without any warnings or signs. It’s really frustrating.

Hello and yes, I have this exact same issue. I was only able to use this feature correctly once, right after I installed 11 pro and since then a crash and POOF! happens every time. Hopefully, this can be addressed soon.

Hi, Yes right with you two guys,

In a new empty project I Just tried dragging an audio file into sample track, where previously it wouldn’t accept it at all this time it looked as though it was going to accept it. But no, a full crash immediately. Have had Softube Fader 1 plugins running before but not for this test. Anybody?

Hi guys,

Yes… same problem here.
Thought I’d give this a try… but when I drag in a sample Cubase crashes.
Hope there will be a solution for this…

Greetz,
Rob

Hello everyone,

I am having the same issue with my sampler track. Even before I upgraded to 11, in Cubase 9.5 the sampler track would have the same issue, not even being able to be loaded.
I have seen other forums about file locations of edited samples but it seems like the actual functionality of the sampler is working which is strange. This bug is pretty jarring as the ‘Built In’ sampler should be the easiest way to go, probably using the least CPU usage.
Haven’t even seen steinberg comment on it!
hope it gets fixed

edit*
I’ve tried renaming previous versions of cubase suggested by another forum user
and the sampler track is still not working, please help!