Cubase 11 Pro Tempo Track gives "phantom" chord at end

I have created tempo track to reduce tempo from 132 to 90. As it reaches the end of the midi events ( at 90), and prior to raising again with the next phase, Cubase gives a short “phantom” chord which I can’t get rid of. Does anyone have any suggestions - I’ve searched everywhere I can think of but can’t see any solutions. Thanks for any help.

Do any of the midi events cross over to the new tempo?

Hi,

Which MIDI/Instrument track does it play? What is specific/unique about the track?

Hi. Maybe it’s unrelated,
I often experience some ghost chords at sudden tempo changes when reverb plugins are involved - or the instrument has some built in reverb - and the reverb isn’t completely cleared yet.
The safest way around - for me - is to start new tempo sections on different tracks. I duplicate the track and switch back and forth between them whenever there’s a jump in tempo.
Bringing the reverb down with automation at the end of the old section doesn’t clear it, so that’s usually not a solution.
Just an idea though, chances are it’s something completely different :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Friede ,

Could you please provide an example project?

Thanks for your reply Martin

It was playing from the Halion Piano track and as far as I can see there was nothing different to other tracks.

Very strange but following various advice received on the forum I have slightly changed the structure of my track so that no midi track crosses over to the new tempo and trimmed “dead air” from the end of the events closest to the tempo change.

So far this seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks for all help and ideas which helped me to reach desired result – hope I can return the favour.

Thanks

Peter

Thanks Friede

Some good ideas you gave which I can certainly use - following various advice received on the forum I have slightly changed the structure of my track so that no midi track crosses over to the new tempo and trimmed “dead air” from the end of the events closest to the tempo change.

Thanks for all help and ideas which helped me to reach desired result – hope I can return the favour.

Thanks

Peter

Thanks for reply Mkok

I did have events crossing to the new tempo but after receiving guidance / advice from you and other forum members I have changed the structure of my track so that no midi track crosses over to the new tempo and trimmed “dead air” from the end of the events closest to the tempo change.

Thanks

Peter

1 Like