Cubase 11 Sampler Track Crashes Program

Smae here, last version of cubase 11.
Just open sampler track edit window with my shortcut key, boom crash.
It happened 2~4 times in a week randomly.
But i never have been crashed when i drag sample to sampler track, only it was happen by “open sampler track window by shortcut key”
Hope to be solve this at CB12

1 Like

It seems this post thread was started in May of last year. Why is Steinberg doing nothing to help us all?!?!

This is happening literally everytime I click on Create Sampler Track. I am unable to work.

Like the guy above said, it is ALWAYS SOMETHING with Cubase. Never a day without absolute halting to progress. I grow tired. So tired.

2 Likes

OK, so after many hours, I have narrowed my particular problem down to the folder: Program Files, Steinberg, Cubase 11, Components.

It is here, in the Components folder that there are many .dll files, including one named “Sampler Track.dll”. Anyway, it is one or more of the files in this folder that is causing the problem.

Re-installing Cubase does not fix the problem.

Alas, I can go no further. Looks like I’m/we’re stuck with this problem for life.

1 Like

I have the same problem in Cubase 11 after i updated.
Cubase 11.0.41 win10 .

Has anyone here found a solution ?

Steinberg please fix that…

1 Like

I found out one reason it was heppening to me. Hopefully this helps someone: Cubase Crashing Video - Create Sampler Track Issue - YouTube

2 Likes

Now it becomes a bit complicated.
I tryed your idea Richard. It does not work
Then I de- and installed all new. Cubase Kontakt etc.
All in defalt pathes.
A work for hell with all these pathes and licenses you need to do new also.

And then empty project. Our Problem is gone It works.
So far so good but its not the end.

Til now I worked as Admin.
Then as normal user. Same project. Project is

Poff

That means you cannot work as user with normal privilegs so as all other programms do.
That means Steinberg is responsible when you get some Spyware and all this crap
When you produce music you fail with steinberg cubase.

They have exessive problems wit all the pathes and privilegs.
And they don’t know this by themselves.

!Creepy News! !Creepy News! !Creepy News! !Creepy News! !Creepy News!
Cubase 12 Pro has the same problem

2 Likes

same here why they not fix around for 1 year this issue…

1 Like

How are so many people not having this problem?

1 Like

I FIXED THE PROBLEM
when I disable the VST plugins the error goes away but when I load Cubase with all of the VST plugins and create a sampler track the daw crashes.
so I think [Richard_Richard] solved the problem with Cubase Crashing Video - Create Sampler Track Issue - YouTube
but in my case, because I don’t have the exact Stenberg folder added, it was confusing. but when I deleted the folder containing the Cubase and lots of plugins and I only added the folders for my VSTs and not the Steinberg path, the error was gone!. I think this error could be fixed very easily with a few lines of code! Steinberg please Listen!
in my case what I did was:
I deleted the the Steinberg location!
D:\Program Files
But not the
D:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins,
This folder has nothing to do with the error! and all Cubase VSTs are in here
so don’t delete the whole thing only know that the Steinberg folder must not be in those locations!
and I added the subfolders that contain VSTs at D:\Program Files, one by one. and I don’t have any problem now! so watch the Richard video and read this. it got something to do with the Steinberg folder thing! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,
with the help of wade_wade infos I’m finally able to reproduce the crash with the samplertrack here with Cubase 12.
I hope we can provide a fix to cure the symptom somehow.
The cause of the crash can supposably be fixed only by yourself because neither
C:\Program Files\Steinberg
nor
C:\Program Files
were created by Steinberg anytime.
Steinberg products will create/consider paths only that contain “external/additional” plugins and these are:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins
C:\Program Files\Vstplugins

best regards
Gerrit Junge

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice! I solved it! But! You must make the correct order of steps!

1. DELETE C:\Program Files\Steinberg Path, at the Vst Plugins Window
  2. Refresh Both this window and the Upper one
  3. CLOSE THE PROGRAM and reopen it
  4. Problem Solved

1: Open Cubase
2: Go to ‘‘Studio’’ tab
3: Go to VST Plug-in Manager (VST Instuments)
4: Delete all path settings
5: Restart Cubase
:wink:

2 Likes

YEES, Dimis_Lute
It works here!!
Even with C12 :slight_smile:

Awesome m8. It works. Im absolutely amazed that it took someone that doesn’t work for Steinberg to figure this out yet all we have received from them is complete silence. Im never buying any more upgrades from them. Their own customer support is terrible. CEO take note this is not how you keep customers! Again i salute you Dimis_Lute.

??
Steinberg replied in this thread.

Hi,

I have solved the issue! However I needed to do a few more steps. After a lot of failures I had my sampler working in Cubase pro 11. In the meanwhile I’ve updated to Cubase pro 12 and the sampler started crashing again. In another topic I’ve read that Cubase 12 has some compatability problems with previous xml files of Cubase Pro 11. Before removing the C:/programfiles/steinberg path I needed to delete all cubase 11 preference xml files. You can find them in C:/users/appdata/roaming/steinberg folder. When you’ve updated from 11 to 12 you can find both folders in here. Just delete the preference xml files in the Cubase 11 folder and make sure you also check the subfolders if there are any preference xml files including the keycommands and profile xml’s. Also delete the vst2 blacklist xml file in here and the vst3 blacklist xml file in the subfolders. Then follow the steps of Richard_Richard’s tutorial Cubase Crashing Video - Create Sampler Track Issue - YouTube
by removing the C:/programfiles/steinberg path and update the path and after that update the vst’s. Restart Cubase and you’re good to go.

Good luck to you who still struggle with this issue.

Greetz Vincenzo

1 Like

Thank you to your advice and all that preceded it, its not until I followed all your processes and watched the video that i FINALLY have a sampler track accessible after a year of owning C12, disappointing truly, but I hope the devs see this to make this easier on others in updates (on 12.040)

1 Like

Hi Gerrit,
Now I’m using Cubase 13.0.20 and I’ve been experiencing this problem from Cubase12. It isn’t fixed in Cubase13.
I deleted C:\Program Files path and re-opened Cubase but it created the path automatically. Everytime I try to drug a wav. into the sampler track, Cubase crashes.

Do you have any ohter solution?
Thank you for your help.

I’m sorry, it seems the problem was solved. I restarted my computer and Cubase didn’t create the deleted path. I hope the problem will be fixed in the future version. Thank you .