Cubase 11 suddenly can't find License - RESOLVED

Hi! Anyone else suddenly having issues with Cubase 11 not finding the USB licenser?

It was working fine a few hours ago and then I just tried to fire it up again and it’s asking for License Activation. When I put the usb licenser activation code again it’s saying it can’t find it.

edit: note:
macbook pro 2019
Big Sur 11.4

There are no direct USB ports so I have to go through a hub. It’s been fine since I picked it up a year ago though so I don’t think that should have been an issue.

edit2:
shooot. ok so I had it daisy chained from a USB hub to a thunderbolt hub. It was perfectly fine for the last year, but for some reason today it decided it wasn’t going to work like that anymore. If I plug it directly into my thunderbolt hub it works. But… I can’t do that and actually work as I also need my ilock and my keyboard/mouse all going into that thunderbolt hub too and it only has the 2 usb ports.

fudge.

I’ll have to find a new thunderbolt hub with more usb ports or something. (or hope that an update to Monterey fixes it at some point soon)

Hi,

Is the USB-eLicenser lightening? Can you see it as a USB device in the System Information? Could you try other USB port, please?

Turns out I had to reset the SMC on my macbook pro. Once I did that everything was functional again! whoop! yay!

Just in case anyone else runs into this:

How to reset the SMC on Mac notebooks:

1. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down and wait for your Mac to shut down.
  2. Press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the built-in keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. …
  3. Release all keys.
  4. Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.
1 Like