Cubase 11 update activation

Hi everyone! I bought update from 10.5 to 11 and I would prefer not to use it until next version is out. Version 11 doesn’t really solves my biggest issue with Cubase - not really usable HiDPI implementation on 4K resolution, so I am hoping it may be solved in next version.

As far as I understand, it is possible to wait and activate when the next version is out and get 11.5 when it is released. It may be obvious to everyone, and I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but where in the process I should exactly stop? Right now I have an email from Steinberg I got after the purchase with download access code. Should I leave it at that and use that code later, or should I use access code but not activate on USB key or something else? I don’t want to accidentally activate version 11.

Hi and welcome on the forum,

You are right, this is how does it work. You get the current (very latest) Cubase license, which is out at the moment you download the license (activate your license) for the very first time.

Thanks Martin! Can you perhaps also help with the other part? Do I leave it as it is right now? The existing download access code will enable me to download 11.5 at the later time? The thing that confuses me is that I am not sure if I have to do something to claim my purchase, something like use download access code but not activate, or is it fine to just leave it as it is and access download at the later time. It does feel a bit unclear, I am not sure at what step I should exactly stop and wait.

Hi,

In any case, you have to stop before the activation. If you would activate, you would get the current license already.

You don’t have to do anything right now. You don’t have to get the Download Access Code already. Just wait. :sleeping: :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you!