Cubase 11 working

Yes! Mines working now. The program is actually great, but understandably no one is talking about that!

yeah!
when the eLicenser finally did wake up this morning it was smooth walking again.
I think all of the new stuff looks promising and I hope some under the hood issues are also taken care of?
I just gave up last night and binge watched Cubase release videos like there was no tomorrow haha!
Luckyly there was a tomorrow …

C11 works like C10.5 it seems but looks a little bit better(?)
jBridge and the VSTPlugin manager trick for 32 bit legacy stuff also works.
ARA works but my preferences I had to pop over from C10.5 manually but they work now.

I think I got Cubase 11 working! :sunglasses:

I’m on Artist, and I had some glitches on install which were probably triggered by shortage of disk space (my windows drive is a small SSD from about 5 years ago(!). It took 2 goes to get the licence upgraded - didn’t panic!

I’ve spent the morning playing with Variaudio, which as an Artist user is a big deal. I nearly upgraded to Pro on the half price sale earlier this year but resisted as I looked at the long term extra cost of keeping up to date as a bodging amateur with limited musical abilities.

I noticed a bonus button on the standard compressor to inflate rather than compress, and I need to get my head around the analyser which I think should help my grasp of mixing issues.

The note editor has changed and I’ve been a little caught out that the white notes appear as darker lines on the piano roll.

But instant reaction is, it works and l need to do some reading to see what other goodies I’ll get benefit from.

Took several hours yesterday but, after the servers calmed down, all is working as expected.

Thank you Steinberg. :slight_smile:

Regards :sunglasses:

Had to wait at the red light yesterday morning also but activated last night and working fine so far.

Just got my C11 activation working, since purchase midday yesterday. Didn’t hammer at it like some; tried no more than half a dozen times. Then this last time, it struggled a bit and I had to sit for a while, but it eventually went through. Yippee for me…

First run, everything smooth as a smooth thing; brought over all my preferences etc., just fine.

Yes here is how I did it. First ensured that my elicencer software was up to date build: 6.12.5.1278. This can be downloaded from steinberg as well as updated internally. Second I tried the "maintenance button, many times, this did not work. I got my activation code from My steinberg, copied and pasted it in, this also failed. I then hit the RECOVER under the Action tab. This also did not work, but I think this is the key solution. I hit the recover twice more and on third attempt it worked.

Messy.

Good Luck folks!

Z

Still no joy for me. The elicenser cannot be updated! It is very frustrating.

Perfectly here on Mac. Transfered preferences over just fine.

Exactly the same for me, all of the above. :smiley:

Really appreciate not having to download the content I didn’t care about. Big time saver.

HaHa! Hillarious! :slight_smile: But then you didn’t have the fright of losing your license.

Maybe it really is past time to update the license protection methods. It sounds like currently it is very non-scaleable.

Which makes me wonder, are we all dependent on a single server seconded away somewhere in a back room at Steinberg for our license continuation? Surely your have a load-balanced, multi-site, fault-tolerant, redundant, high-capacity, well-planned, fire-proof, future-proofed, secure, theft-proofed, backed-up server solution protecting and offering our licenses?

Doesn’t sound like it after today’s debacle.

And it’s a bit much that you are currently still happy to take £499 from new users, but haven’t yet sorted out the licensing for upgrade users so our purchase option is greyed out. Surely the server issues would resolve quicker if you were not servicing new purchases right now?

Feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Awful experience getting it installed, but finally managed it somehow. Catalina.

Preferences seem to have transferred over fine, although I am facing a very unreliable opening and closing process for the app. 8 out of 10 times will hang on exit and requires a force quit, and loading up time is quite slow with the safe mode options dialog popping up frequently even if the app closed properly last time.

For now, I’m sticking to 10.5 for all my work but will save-as and open the final approved project in 11 for stem exports (the only reason I updated at all). That feature alone was worth the price of update for me, as bouncing post-mix stems for film cues (and even very detailed pop/rock band projects) is an incredibly tedious and error-prone task.

Yes, bought it yesterday, but only early this morning I got on the license l server. Now it seems to work just fine.

Wow, have I understand correctly? Magic Mouse/Trackpad can zoom also horizontally with keycommand?

yeah! Command+two finger scroll is zoom… or two finger pan works too.
finally

Was this not working before? I’ve been using Command Magic Mouse scroll wheel / Trackpad two finger scroll since Cubase 8.

Day 2 of trying , over , maybe day 3 will work for me

working fine next to C10.5
the only issue is that Spectralayers One is crashing it and some screwup with the eLicenser while installing Spectralayers.
keep exploring and testing. so far so good…

Then the magic mouse too can achieve the vertical zoom too, is it right? Actually in C10.5 I can only zoom horizontally with CMD+Weel

keshavdhar wrote:

Preferences seem to have transferred over fine, although I am facing a very unreliable opening and closing process for the app. 8 out of 10 times will hang on exit and requires a force quit, and loading up time is quite slow with the safe mode options dialog popping up frequently even if the app closed properly last time.

If you’re getting hangs on quit, chances are extremely high they are 3rd party plug-in related. You are going to have to review what you have installed for updates and/or newer versions (or possibly substitutes). If Cubase 11 opens with the options dialog, it didn’t close properly, in spite of appearing to do so. Again…this is most likely a 3rd party plug-in issue. If everything was running fine in C10.5…don’t kid yourself. C11 is less tolerant to out-of-spec 3rd party plug-ins than C10.5 was. Yeah, I understand the weeding out process is a royal PITA, but once done, C11 runs quite smoothly. It’s worth the effort.