Cubase 11

need this too

Can somebody please define what ā€œgapless audioā€ means in the context of this thread? I have seen that term used to mean several completely different things.

Cubase glitches even with plugins that do not have serious latency. For example create an instrument track and insert Spire, Kontakt or something similar and Cubase glitches. Ableton Live, Studio One, Logic and lately Protools does not. They just continue the playback fluidly. As you mentioned this might need a rewrite the sound engine so I donā€™t expect it to change soon.

And Iā€™m pretty sure, at least with some of those DAWs, that they do not start processing through the plugin until playback is stopped.

No interruption in the sound if the DAW is currently in playback.

Well,writing code is their job.cubase has gaps not only when iserting plugin,it gaps even when add/remove empty audio track,add/remove send to channel even when the fx channel already exists. Anyway,cubase must be going forward and the major daws can do it already. So no excuses

itā€™s not necessarily a matter of excuses, but a matter of preference.

I personally, would take the gap and getting the insert plugin included in the sound and latency compensated without having to stop playback.

I would like to see these improvements:
Too many things actuallyā€¦ i have given up askingā€¦

How bout some simple ones first:
Perfect audio playback (no cut off or weird sounds at start of loop at start of arranger - especially noticeable when the first kick of certain loops plays)-first transient sensitivity control basically
Audio editor that allows you to actually edit audio (cut etc)
Better media bay - that comes close to the free adsr one (transpose, loop area, double speed , half speed, multiple audio playback)
Sustain notes in loop if note plays longer than loop area
More quick controls
Bring back the nice transport bar (as an option)
Quantizing /snapping of hitpoints to grid in audio editor freewarp

-i have some lists here and thereā€¦ cant find em atmā€¦ i will add more basic function requests when i can find my thinking capā€¦ my brain is not on today;)

Please stop ā€œgadgetā€ improvements in order to add relevant function for composersā€¦ My wishlist is the following one :

• to introduce markers in the time line (to clearly see in all editors view)
  • to have the possibility to name the midi controlers (for Vsti, itā€™s better to see ā€œlegato blairā€ or ā€œvibratoā€ than CC21 or CC12 !)
  • to totally review the midi editor view in order to see all used controlers, notes and articulations easily
  • to review Midi editor to see one line per real instruments and to convert playing technics as controlers, not as new notes making a huge confusion in the editor !
  • to add an easy function to merge audio clips in a new one (not using ā€œexportā€)
  • To add a fine EQ analyzer with new IA to help mixing process
  • to really erase files in the project folder when we erase the related tracksā€¦
  • to improve tempo editor in order to easily realize better ralentendo ā€¦
  • to optimize xml file in order to export songs in Dorico, Sibelius, Finaleā€¦ without bugsā€¦
    -Thank you for that !

Allow automation lines on containers (or main tracks), without opening an additional track
Create a true direct gain clip, like Pro Tools and now Studio One, with decibel indications and the ability to increase, not just decrease (as with the current envelope, completely zero)
The possibility of keeping the header track of the directory tracks minimized, as this takes up unnecessary space
Make it easy to create a color palette without working on it all day ā€¦ and tidy up the color functions (itā€™s the worst system on the planet)
Allow to see or not to see the grids
Allow to fold or unfold the directory tracks in the Mixconsole
Allow to be transported in the console mix as in the editor
Allow tracks to be moved from the Mixconsole
Allow a clear interface, for those who like the day and the white T-Shirt
Widen the elevators. On a 4K screen, they are pins ā€¦
Remove bold typography from track titles, very coarse
Remove the look of a little kidā€™s toy type object, like the red Fisher price button in the Control Room (but my 2 year old boy likes it)
Allow horizontal scrolling in Eucon (Iā€™m not talking about cursor movement)

Itā€™s a bit late for putting C11 requests in lol, try 11.5 :slight_smile:

try 12/12.5

The main area I feel Cubase REALLY struggles compared to other DAMS is controller mapping. Cubase is my primary DAW and I love itā€¦ but can you honestly compare quick controls with the way Ableton (for example) handles mapping assignments.

Ability to customize the right click drop down menu.

This might be something youā€™ll be happy about, if what was in the beta manual makes it in to the final.

Link midi notes to key like studio one

You mean quantize notes to a key/scale? Cubase has all this in the live transform and chord track functions. Been there for years.

i wonder if steiny/yamaha were wating for their new ā€œcontrol protocolā€ to come out with cubase 11ā€™ and then have a new hardware controller that goes deep into cubase 11 with the new protocol.
its been a long time since they come with new controller for the low/medium budget ,and seems users here asking for it

Yamaha are part of the MMA who designed MIDI 2.0 specs. So, we should be seeing more global controllers using these standards.

MIDI 2.0 is practically limitless when you consider that devices and software can share xml data across them. All Steinberg (and other DAW creators) need to do is create a hook for plugins and the DAW itself to communicate the .xml strings and there should be full parameter control and hardware feedback display as part of the standard.

Similar to Avid/EUCON control really, but baked into future hardware/software hopefully. If they go further into custom hardware, itā€™s just a waste of R&D (imo).

looks like steinberg from what i see,used to produce controller that best or exclusivly used for thier software,unlike presounus controllers for example that are somewhat more global although they go deeper with studio one.
anyway a good thought deep integration with cubase and 3rd party plugins controller whould be nice. of course they will benefit more if its also open and easy functional for other DWA