Cubase 11

Lets wait and see!

+1

All feature requests are fair, and all are valuable. Itā€™s very difficult to favor one over the other.

I agree with all of them, and prioritize what I consider is mostly overdue. Like the Audio Connections window, or things that obviously (ie visually) donā€™t agree with the current design.

However, I would also like to see a clean-up. Features that Steinberg feels they donā€™t want to maintain, they must clearly state so and phase them out. But there are many small things scattered in all corners of the program that need fixing. Missing or not working key commands, remote controller assignments, small GUI issues, one in this window, one in another. All these small quirks amount to a certain stiffness, that I, personally, would greatly appreciate if it went away.

For example to know that this ā€œApplyā€ button in this menu is useless but we havenā€™t taken it out, or that the Import Key-commands button is a relic from past days and that we shouldnā€™t use itā€¦ it doesnā€™t look logical to me. Remove them and be done with them! Will there be some special-cases impacted from the removal? Evaluate, provide a workaround, document it clearly and allā€™s well!

Ideally, I would expect each and every one of the programs editors to feature:

-Fully modular Left, Right and Bottom Zones. Build our own workspace. This goes for toolbars, transport panel and bar included. Adjust height in lines, freely place buttons, just like we can do with the ā€œTrack Controls Settingsā€. (sneak a fader and a panner there please)
-Full Key-Command Control. Everything should have a key command. Not enough keys on the keyboard? I donā€™t think so. Being able to load key-command presets on the fly would make this wonderfully manageable. Imagine having a whole keyboard at your disposal JUST for Score Editting, or midi editting.

One of Cubaseā€™s ā€œproblemsā€, well not problems, I just canā€™t find the right word now, is that while itā€™s choke full of features, sometimes they are hidden from the user in menus and places a user would overlook. Encouraging modularity, the program can highlight its features, by means of having the users put the right function in the right place for them.

+1 for Cubase 11

+1000 and I add the full screen mode for mac users, I hope It will be able without the need of pay for a new upgrade for v11.

+1. Agreed. A sensible list indeed.

Iā€™ll add just one thing :- Ableton-style. SESSION type page with clip/scene launching.

Along with gapless audio Iā€™d like to be Able to use cubase as a pattern mode tool -maybe combining aspects of the arranger feature too as there would be some crossover.

Donā€™t forget the clipgain. Great in Pro Tools, stupid in Cubase. I donā€™t understand why.

1 Like

Great suggestions! Added.

I would heartily endorse not putting an Ableton Live-like thing in Cubase. Cubase is such a deep and multilayered piece of software, and running Live alongside with it is a better idea than trying to mash it into Cubase (which will never be as good as Ableton Liveā€¦because itā€™s Cubase and not Ableton Live). But I have no need for Ableton (I know it pretty well and just donā€™t like it for the way I work), so this option is a very good compromise to me that keeps Cubase Cubase-focused and also lets people use Ableton if they love it.

My opinion, anyway! :slight_smile:

Mr. ā€œMehā€, Iā€™d suggested you to keep your ā€œmehā€ with you, okay! Youā€™re not alone here, and I personally support that guy above with his list. Your nasty tone is annoying. Watch your mouth and keep your disrespectful behavior away. If you could live without this list of improvements - okay, but donā€™t speak for other people who uses this DAW.
All the best.

Hi there @kostal
Nice bunch of improvements you have suggested!
I have few of mine, it would be awesome if add 'em into your list too!

Here:

I personally use sample track for 808 bass triggering, I put it mono and play with glide knob to creat a crazy legato effect (iā€™m edm producer btw)
But I noticed that when I play a whole C note for e.g and put a quarter E note in octave above (not at the same time but at the half of a whole lower C note) - this do not produce that effect that Iā€™m looking for - I think, that problem is that ā€œsample trackā€ is retriggering the note again - what is not required.

I could do this effect simply in FL Studio, Ableton etc, but I canā€™t do so in Cubaseā€™s sample track. I hope this description is make a sense, anyway if itā€™s not that clear, I could try to explain again. Thnx.

Request for Drum Editor:

Thereā€™s a CC field inside, when I could draw velocity curve etc. Could you, Steinberg make it possible to add CC commands for preloaded VSTiā€™s (GA) knobs, sliders, to manipulate such settings like coarse, fine for particular intruments: hihat, snare. Hope youā€™ve got the idea. I saw this feature in Studio One where you could pick up any settings from Impactā€™s sounds and draw the CC curves in drum editor. That would be awesome in Cubase as well.

Thank you in advance, all the best!

Hey, thanks.

So I tried to recreate what you said in the sampler track here. And the glide works just fine. Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€œsampler track is retriggering.ā€

Is the C note being retriggered when you release the E note? Or the glide is not happening?

To Steinberg:
Hello I am use studio one 4.6 professional

And I want to buy Cubase pro 10.5 and I have a plan to buy a lot of ur plugins
But In Fact am very afraid
Sorry for saying this , The first thingā€¦ ur customer service is not good
a lot of ur customers they went to another DAW Because a lot of things
Cubase , neuendo , works only with USB Dongle ā€¦!!
they cant activates ur Softwares easily and they took hours and days to solve the problems, and some of them could not solve it go check youtube videos , comments about issues ā€¦
I read a lot of customers problems, They sent u an emails to find solution and now they ask some of them in the comments :
(Did u find a solution to this problem)

we are in 2020 and u r still using this old method elicenser usb dongle ā€¦ !!
There is no objection to buying and using it to activate if this is your policy
But the program does not work except this USB, Every time when we running the Cubase ??

This indicates lack of respect for the customer
if the usb missed what can I do ? if the usb damged on my laptop bag I will lose my sessions, I cant do any thing and maybe if I get the new dongle cant download it again
I bought a lot of product thatā€™s require a hard disk and USB flash memory to activation , after activation I no longer use the usb to run the software , this makes the customers more comfortable from being lost or malfunctioningā€¦ I bought a lot of software form the biggest international companies like ADOBE
I can use my adobe collection with out USB and the collections can be transferred on any device provided that the collections is on only one device ā€¦

The worlds has changed and now we are use laptops and small pcs ā€¦ and we cannot plug this dongle all timesā€¦!!

Do u have any plan to make the usb elicenser only for activation ?
after activation we can use the cubase without USB Dongle
we do not mind when receiving an update we plug this dongle againā€¦

Please Steinberg make some changes to your approach in your very old wayā€¦
Which makes the user afraid of losing everything due to any damage, they are buying ur products and u TREAT HIM LIKE A PRISONER ā€¦

I bought studio one professional they gave me 5 copies I can managed every device in my presonus profile ADD NEW , EDIT , DELETE USERS ā€¦ (and thier customer care is very good) most people now use studio one just a download link and the way yo avtivate it is simple it does not require more waiting and we can run the software freely without any USB

With presonus I have remote control app to the DAW for studio one I cant easily record my self with my android mobile ,
why you donā€™t have REMOTE APP FOR IOS & ANDROID ā€¦ this is a very modern way
the customers will grow up with every service u offer them

CUBASIS APP FOR ANDROID ??
U donā€™t support android ? the android users its more than apples more Cubase user I know them using android phone and and android tablet

support multitouch for Cubase 11 we are now use a touch screen monitors for pc and touch laptops
let users freedom choose between (2 modes) TOUCH MODE ā€¦ STANDARD MODE most users now have to complete the mix with windows tablets and this causes the user to purchase more than one copy

PIANO ON SCREEN In the midi section make ur softwareā€™s CREATIVE add a full touch piano on screen with large keys for touch playng and record at the same time ā€¦ this makes it easier to compose any where without any external device a lot of people now use touch device laptops, pcs , tablets
ROLAND ZAINBEATS DAW SOFTWARE they add beautiful multitouch support and piano on screen but the software its for beginners

Can u hear our voices ? and take care of your customers and their opinions

( we have no problem using the USB Dongle to Activate , but after that it must be plugged only if we have an updates )

Sorry for my long story
I wish u all the best
Best regards

I use cubase from long time, together with others softwares and for soundtrack projects would be great if the VSTRack could be shared between projects, similar to V-Rack in Digital Performer. Many times I need to opened different project that have the same VSTi with the same patch, Halion 6 and Kontakt for example with ton of samples to loads. Every time to switch Cubase reload all.
Thank you

Youā€™re right, my friend. I almost cried. Steinberg puts a sh*t on us (customers), thatā€™s true. I canā€™t get any direct help here in Russian, only this forum. T_T

Hey, thanks.

So I tried to recreate what you said in the sampler track here. And the glide works just fine. Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€œsampler track is retriggering.ā€

Is the C note being retriggered when you release the E note? Or the glide is not happening?

Hi there, Kostal. :stuck_out_tongue:
I have an old posts here, where I describded those issues fully and even some people tried to help me with them. Could you read 'em out please?

Tap here for ā€œGlide request for Sample Trackā€: Glide knob doesn't work as it shoud be! (Sampler track) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
Tap here for ā€œDrum editorā€™s CC improvmentsā€: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=169377

After that, pls add my requests in your list as well. Cheers!

I believe Vienna Ensemble Pro might solve this for you in the meanwhile.

So I think what youā€™re trying to do in the Sampler Track is mono legatoā€”this is available in Halion 6 full version. The Sampler Track itself is a port from Halion/GA. Iā€™m sure Steinberg will improve STā€”especially chopping samples etc. Iā€™ve included that in the list.

Drum/key editor enhancements are also in the list.

Overall I really like the GUI but hereā€™s a few little changes Iā€™ve thought of.

When expanding the inspector pane, it just creates a pointless empty area. What Iā€™d really like is for the actual elements of the inspector, especially the little window/box that displays each automation lane name. Right now for me that name is really hard to quickley decypher once i have a few sends automated (ie text like ā€œins:ā€¦send.3.del.mā€ or whatever things try to abreiviate to) . maybe even allow us to rename the sends themselves would help further.

Wide scroll bars? Probably been heavily requested before but Iā€™ll chime in too.

Lately Iā€™ve really gotten in the habit of always using the search bar in Cubaseā€™s media browsers to find sounds, fx etc.
A way to type in/search for key command/menu options would be nice too because so often I know the funcion Iā€™m after but completely forget the key command or even what menu the function is in.

Personally I hope Steinberg donā€™t radically change things again, rather they just sculpt and perfect what is already there. :slight_smile:

edit: it appears i posted this in the wrong thread :blush:
mods please move if necesary.

So I think what youā€™re trying to do in the Sampler Track is mono legatoā€”this is available in Halion 6 full version. The Sampler Track itself is a port from Halion/GA. Iā€™m sure Steinberg will improve STā€”especially chopping samples etc. Iā€™ve included that in the list.

Drum/key editor enhancements are also in the list.

Mate, I donā€™t have a full Hallion and I see no reason to buy it, I would buy Kontakt/Omnisphere if I had free money.
Also, I donā€™t see any difficulty to implement this so-called ā€œMONO LEGATOā€ in the Sample Track to give us EDM musicians the opportunity to work with samples in various ways. Sample Track, judging by its name, was created for working with samples. This ā€œmono legatoā€ mode is default feature in FL Studio (Key Editor) and Ableton (Simpler).

Upd.

I havenā€™t found my requests in your list.

Hey!

So I thought about your issue more. Iā€™ll be honest, itā€™s
not clear what it is from your description. Can you share two audio files (5 seconds each): one showing the desired effect you want from Ableton or FL and one from the sampler track in Cubaseā€”using the same 808 sample.

Iā€™ve been thinkingā€”I believe the glide function in ST is a kind of pitch envelope, rather than a true portamento. You can turn on legato under audio warp, but itā€™s not quite right. I need to do more testing and research on this.

I think you should share those samples, so I know for sure what your issue is. Thank you!