Cubase 12.0.10 maintenance update is now available

Mmm … on one laptop, with Cubase Artist 11 and SpectraLayers 7 (full version) already installed, which was then subsequently up graded to Cubase Artist 12, I was surprised to see that SpectraLayers, when started (via ARA2) within Cubase Artist 12 showed up as SpectraLayers 8, however on closer examination it turned out to be be SpectraLayers One, version 8.

This one crashes on opening session repeatedly.
Also, the option to jump into FX track channel from an audio track that was sending to that FX was removed with the update to 12, wondering why…

Experiencing the same

How do I roll-back this poopy update?
Mixdown export gets stuck every single time, on top of the other error mentioned

This exactly

Sorry, for being a noob, but I dont see a link to download the update anywhere. How do I apply this update?

Nevermind, found it.

Cubase 12.0.10. is crashing everytime I try to add an ambisonics output.
Log file says "Termination Reason: Namespace OBJC, Code 1 "
I couldn’t find anything about it on the internet. Any idea? Thanks!

1- Always unable to work with projects containing vidéo track…
Loading older project or creating a new one with brand new c12 preferences, leads to the same issue : Cubase 12 freeze and hang !
In “processes” i can see it’s on licence check…
Already sended you some crashdumps before this update…

2- Notepad is always unable to keep big text files…(and it’s always so poor…)

3- Transport, pads, etc, still don’t work when hot connecting keyboard controller

No changes for me with this update…

Other needed change :
Marker window

• The scrollbar is still in c11 mode (too small)
  • i’m now unable ta have id first on marker track
  • The dead zone all around the window disturb me when selecting a marker on left side…
  • marker ID’s should be extended to something like “12a, 12b, 12c” and/or more classement possibilities
  • I should be able to order ID’s as desired, even not respecting numeric order or it should reflect the real order in project window…
    Exemple : i need it to be 81, 82, 83, and then only 01, 02, 03, etc… in marker windows, as it is in project windows on marker track…

Hello - it will help SB even more if you can send/attach any of the auto-generated crash dump files from either of these locations:-
Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Maybe include a little more detail such as are you setup for 48Khz (if its Dolby Atmos we’re talking about here), what is the audio interface/driver details, the actual procedure you’re taking, at what point it actually crashes.? Is it an old project, new project, from a template, etc…

Does anyone know how to rollback to 12.0? It was buggy, but 12.0.10 is unfunctional for me. Desperate. tx.

I’d like to know that too plz

Luckily, my project (created in 12) opened in 11.0.41 with no problems. Ymmv but that saved my arse today!

After 20 + years, I still would love a color scheme that reflects that of Ableton or Logic. Very easy on my eyes. To be honest I prefer the color scheme and GUI of Dorico. That would be another great option.

Anyone else getting this issue with some GUI windows being extended past the boundaries of the actual VST plugin window? Before the update the windows were sized the same as the plugin, now they are all bigger it’s messing my some of analysers on my second screen.

Not a huge issue but it’s slightly annoying.

3 Likes

Same here. With Virus TI and Omnisphere in latest 12.0.10. Hope they will fix this in next update. Currently working back in Cubase 11 as it is rock solid.

Same here. With Virus TI and Omnisphere in latest 12.0.10. Hope they will fix this in next update. Currently working back in Cubase 11 as it is rock solid. Hope to see fix soon.

One of many issues. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Some of my plugins are doing this as well. The problem appears to have been introduced with the addition of the Quick Controls option.
If you toggle the QC button at the top right, the window resizes to fit the plugin, but it only applies until you close the window. The problem will reappear when you open the plugin again.
Hopefully it’s an easy fix once they find it.

A post was split to a new topic: Vienna Ensemble Pro takes too long to open in 12.0.10