Cubase 12.0.20 crashes when I close project and project does not appear in recents

This forum does not allow “Links”. How do you get DMP files from me. I used Dropbox, copied the link and now your forum says NO Links! Choice number 2 is…?

I have followed your instructions. When Cubase crashes, there is no DMP file in the Procdump folder. Ive done this several times and it has never generated a DMP file.

CMD says:
C:\Users\Jonathan>procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12
‘procdump64’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Jonathan>

Hi,

Sorry, I’m not Windows user so I have never used ProcDump. I don’t know how to use it. Please search internet floor this message.

The forum does indeed allow links, but since the Internet is a wild and unsafe place, new users must participate by reading some posts.

see the https://forums.steinberg.net/t/forum-guide

You have to follow the instructions very precisely, the bit you missed was:

1 Like

Fortunately I kept my Cubase 11Pro. I had to go back to that to make my deadlines. 12 freezes up and crashes. Does not save latest project. I was going to send a link from my DMP files but I guess being a Cubase user for only 18 years isn’t long enough. Let me know when the gurus figure this one out.

@Bob_Lynch Not sure you read my message to you.

Have you tried again?

Hi Steve,
I have googled how to navigate in the command prompt as best I can, but presume that I must still have it wrong somehow. I’m not a computer wizz and still can’t see any DMP files.
Cubase 12.0.20 is still crashing when I try to save new projects.
Is there any way I can revert back to a previous version of Cubase for now? I’d like to just get on and make music without this frustration. I’m a bit worried that once a new version of Cubase is launched with a fix, any new projects I make in 12.0.20 may not function properly, so I’d feel safer using the version prior to this one.
Thanks

Copy the path to the folder where your download was saved, then in the CMD prompt do

cd C:\Users\me\Downloads

and hit Enter. ( cd ) means change directory, replace me with your username

Looks like this:

They are in your Documents folder, in a folder called Steinberg, and within that, the folder called CrashDumps.

I don’t know about rolling back myself, sorry.

Same issue on: Windows 11 Pro 21H2, Cubase 12.0.20, 64 Gb Ram

Hi,

Same request… Attach the *.dmp file, please.

Hi,

Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps/

Processing: Cubase 12.0.20.263 64bit 2022.5.8 15.20.03.657-freezedump.dmp…
Processing: Cubase 12.0.20.263 64bit 2022.5.9 16.54.15.262-freezedump.dmp…
Processing: Cubase 12.0.20.263 64bit 2022.5.10 7.52.38.749-freezedump.dmp…

Hi,

I’m sorry, the links don’t work for me.

All of my dmp files are more than 4 Gb, which I cannot attach. Do you have somewhere, where I can upload??

Hi,

Share the link(s) via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Cubase 12Pro is still crashing continuously when I create & close a new project.
The new project does not appear in the recents list.
I can navigate to the new project by going File > Open. The project will open and I can work on it as normal until I go File>Close, which causes Cubase to crash.
There are no DMP files being created in any of the places that you & Steve have suggested. I have followed the instructions that you & Steve have posted, to the letter.
I have searched my C Drive for .DMP and can only find .DMP files for previous versions of Cubase 12.
I hope that your team has been able to reproduce this behaviour on your test rigs because I don’t think I can help anymore.

Hi,

Without the DMP files, we cannot do anything, sorry.

Were you successful with the ProcDump, please?

4 Mb of course. Usually 4.4 - 6 Mb