Cubase 12.0.4.0 Crashes

Hi,

Attach the source *.crash/ips file, please.

While Cubase should obviously not crash during that period, it still would be better to shut the computer down at the end of the day and boot it again in the morning if possible. Rebooting once a day reduces/prevents all kinds of possible issues.

Please re-read my previous post. It doesn’t appear that Cubase 12 is generating any kind of report. No crash report exists in Console for Cubase 12, despite it crashing daily.

Yeah, that’s not really reasonable for a composer to restart his work flow every day. I need and deserve a reliable application. Restarting has not resolved the issue. So thanks.

Its about 2 minutes in the morning (you can also automate it easily usually, so you just have to login). Your computer and your nerves will thank you in the long run. You’re welcome!

Ain’t gonna happen

Today was around 90 minutes that I was away… but it could have stalled much sooner than that. I don’t know how you can determine when it actually falters while you’re away from the computer… ?

Cubase 12_2022-08-21-222216_MacBook-Pro.cpu_resource.diag.zip (12.6 KB)

I was informed by calling Steinberg tech support that my operating system was not supported with Cubase 12. So I installed Big Sur, and loaded up my Cubase 12 project. Playback was choppy (running 1 instance of Keyscape) and my system fans came on at full boar. When attempting to quit Cubase, it hangs for about 5 minutes and then finally quits. Attached is the crash report. As it stands Cubase 12 is completely unusable for me.
Cubase 12_2022-08-25-110719_MacBook-Pro.cpu_resource.diag.zip (12.8 KB)

For what it’s worth, Cubase 11 is now a thousand times worse running on Big Sur so FML I guess.

For what its worth, your CPU is getting hammered according to that diagnostic report.

I don’t see a thing there that is CRASHING Cubase. We are looking for a THREAD that crashed usually in the crash log

Thanks for helping me to interpret it. I just ordered a top of the line M1 macbook pro, I guess I was in plain denial.

:S

Well its not big news, that apple slows down older devices on purpose with new updates (which you have to install to use newer applications) so you buy their new products.

They even got fined for it and confirmed it officially.

2 Likes

Hi,

I can see only *.diag (diagnostic) files attached, not the crash/ips files. Do you have some, please?

We need a CRASH LOG, not a diagnostic file

I bet if you uninstall 12.0.40 and install 12.0.30 you will be fine.

Can anyone here let me know where to locate the crash log for Cubase? I upgraded to a brand new top of the line M1 Max Macbook Pro and the crashing issue still persists. Thanks!

Hi,

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Hello,

I’m also experiencing regular crashes with Cubase 12 . Mine isn’t related to leaving my macbook on as I restart it regularly.

I’ve attached 3 crash logs:

1st: Tried opening Project Logical Editor
2nd & 3rd: Cycling presets in Groove Agent SE

My system:
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Processor: 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

OS is current .

Cubase 12-2022-09-30-171553.ips (124.8 KB)
Cubase 12-2022-09-30-175620.ips (125.8 KB)
Cubase 12-2022-09-30-175948.ips (124.5 KB)

Apparently Cubase did not leave a crash report, but it did however indeed crash. Maybe I should try rolling back the version I’m using to 12.0.3.0.

1 Like