Cubase 12.0.40 GUI Lag and Crashing When Adjusting Multiple Regions' Length and Fades

I’m having an issue in Cubase 12.0.40 where there is substantial GUI lag and frequent crashing when adjusting fade handles and changing the length of regions with multiple audio regions selected. Adjusting one region’s fade or length at a time seems to work as expected.

It happens with some, but not all, the tracks in my session. My session is about 425 tracks, with about 260 active and the rest disabled. It’s a mix of virtual instruments and audio tracks. The audio is mostly substantially-edited vocals with lots of audio warp and VariAudio information.

Importing the tracks into a new empty project did not resolve the issue.

My computer is a 10-core 2020 iMac running MacOS 12.4. My audio interface is an RME Babyface Pro with up-to-date drivers. My plugins were all recently updated.

Any advice is welcome, otherwise consider this a bug report. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

Could you please attach the crash/ips file?

1 Like

Sure, here are a couple from yesterday. Thanks…

Cubase 12-2022-08-06-101349.ips (207.9 KB)
Cubase 12-2022-08-06-142126.ips (197.0 KB)

Since upgrading from cubase 8.5 to 12 Pro and updated to version 12.4 it crashes every 5 minutes
cannot work with this …i’m on windows 10 …please fix the problem ASAP

Thank you

Latest error is ’ serious graphic driver related issue error code 0x80070005

Thnak you

1 Like

see these search results for error code 0x80070005

Hi,

This doesn’t seem to be related to the original report at all. This is on Windows, right?

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi

yes it is

Thanks, @jeremygillam - that’s how a bug report should always look like :).
I’ll try to reproduce on our systems. Just one question: with “regions” do you refer to the audio clips on your tracks?
Cheers
Chriss

Yes audio clips. I get confused with the different terminology between DAWs.

Cubase 12-2022-08-09-124243.ips (274.1 KB)
Here’s another crash dump from the same session/project. This time it crashed while typing into the search bar in the Midi Logical Editor.

And another crash while freezing a sampler track.
Cubase 12-2022-08-09-141203.ips (189.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi @jeremygillam, did you receive my PM? Just wanted to follow up on your crashes on fade/ resize regions. Is this still an issue?
Thanks!