Cubase 12.0.40 update failed

The Cubase 12 can’t start up on my PC.

1. I had installed some time in my pc using Steinberg Down Load assistant.
  2. It didn’t work . then I installed Cubase 12 from down load page.
  3. Cubase 12 never wake up.

How do I reinstall it?

Hi and welcome to the forum?

Could you be more concrete, please? What happens if you double-click Cubase 12 icon, please?

always Checking License

Hi,

Did you activate Cubase?

After update 12.0.40.
I didn’t activate.

Activation manager doesn’t work anymore.

Hi,

This is the source of the problem. You have to make it working first.

Have you downloaded the latest version of the Steinberg Activation Manager (1.4.0)?
https://o.steinberg.net/index.php?id=15263&L=1

Try to install this. If it still doesn’t work, try uninstalling the Steinberg Activation Manager, restart your computer, then reinstalling the version you downloaded above.

I tried Activation manager install. But it didn’t work for my PC.
Then I uninstall it reinstall again. Activation Manager didn’t work either.
What should I do to the next. BTW Cubase 11 pro still work on my PC.

Cubase Pro 11 (Upgraded to Cubase 12 with Steinberg Licensing) is my cubase 11.

It sounds like something damaged your Steinberg Activation Manager installation, for example an overly eager clean-up app such as CCleaner.

Sign out from the Steinberg Activation Manager and close it before attempting the following:

You can try forcing a complete uninstall by using an uninstaller app, like the trial version of Revo Uninstaller Pro or Advanced Uninstaller. Use them to uninstall SAM and also remove leftover files and registry keys.

Once this is done, run the Steinberg Download Assistant to automatically download and install SAM again.

Hi
Thank you very much for prompt reply. I will try uninstall it.

2022年8月30日(火) 8:21 Romantique Tp via Steinberg Forums <notifications@steinberg.discoursemail.com>:

Hi
After uninstalling SAM using Revo Uninstaller Pro. Also reinstall SDA and update.
But SAM didn’t activate. Should I uninstall all stainberg app?

2022年8月30日(火) 8:25 佐伯孝夫 <tttt.saeki@gmail.com>:

Did you use Revo Uninstaller’s registry cleanup options when uninstalling SAM? That should fix the issue.

Were you able to successfully install Steinberg Activation Manager 1.4.0? If not, did you get any error message?

SAM installation automatically after SDA was installed cubase12.0.40.
SAM app didn’t start.

Then I stopped using WIN task manager.

2022年8月31日(水) 8:56 Romantique Tp via Steinberg Forums <notifications@steinberg.discoursemail.com>:

Sorry for the trouble. I would recommend contacting your local distributor for support: https://www.steinberg.net/distribution/

Thank you very much for your reply. I didn’t know about user support sites.
I think I did something wrong operation .
Best Regards,

2022年8月31日(水) 10:05 Romantique Tp via Steinberg Forums <notifications@steinberg.discoursemail.com>: