Cubase 12.0.50 maintenance update now available

@Matthias_Quellmann
What is the roadmap for addressing all the other well documented bugs/issues in Cubase 12?
Is there another maintenance update scheduled before another major version release?

10 Likes

Yeah! Also so interesting. This update is nice and thanks for this one, but so many reports was for 12.0.40 and just little was fixed in 3 months

After 2 hours it finally finished.
But after a restart it is off again scanning VST3’s.
Why? Did the update change my settings?
This is simply not ok.
It all takes an enormous amount of time!
Do I bill you, Steinberg?

And the vstscannermaster uses 70 GB of memory???

OMG You can now go over 8 parameters with the MIDI Remote AND it’s got a paging system.

@Matthias_Quellmann why did you keep this quiet? This is such a brilliant addition, well done!!! Super super super super happy! :slight_smile:

Anyone interested, created a thread here:

4 Likes

I just want to report that I was able to install without any issues on MacBook Pro M1 Pro (16g ram, 1tb drive) running macOS 12.6.1. Cubase 12.0.50 is running fine. Didn’t see any issues at all so far.

3 Likes

Unfortunately only a few things of this big issue list were fixed. Its about 80+ confirmed issues.

I expected more fixes…

3 Likes

To be honest I did too…
Apart from the MIDI Remote update, the two biggest fixes were for the MIDI notes display and the CPU usage on render, and a few others that were in the list.
I have the feeling that every time a maintenance update is out, it fixes tens of things that weren’t even discussed on the forum.

Really, it fixed two issues related to using the “Size with Fade” edit modifier.
When I search the forum for “Size with Fade” there’s no result. Literally.
I even searched for what “Size with Fade” is, apparently holding Ctrl+Alt when resizing an Audio Event adds a Fade at the same time, but this doesn’t even work.
So Steinberg’s priority seems to be fixing things that no one ever noticed, and instead ignore or delay much major bugs like the one related to the Snap Point / Musical Mode broken interaction.

9 Likes

Thank you Steinberg, especially for the miscellaneous bug fixes and stability improvements!

MIDI event positions are now displayed accurately in the Project window.

This one only, is a huge improvement to my every day workflow for me, that I happened to notice every minute I used Cubase.
Thank you a thousands times for all these fixes in .50!

3 Likes

To be more exact: The biggest fixes inside of this maintenance update, came from bugs which were introduced by Cubase 12.

• The Slow render at different sample rates issue was introduced with C12
  • The Variaudio visual bug, where all segments are invisible was introduced with C12
  • The midi note event display bug was introduced with C12

I am happy, that those are fixed now. But thats not what I’d call a maintenance update, which comes out every 2-3 months. This should be part of a weekly update imho.

Where are the real fixes of operations and functions, which never worked properly?

8 Likes

Actually I am always wondering how people get so excited when a company repairs things which they damanged due to poor quality control. The thing which makes this user so happy was a bug introduced within a maintenance update! This is a no-go! And I am quite certain there won’t be many updates left before the next major release. People, request more service from a company which eats your money and time! I am still out, not using v12, and I made every update since Cubase SX3! But I made a hard stop with Cubase 11, left with several bugs.

7 Likes

We have improved the Export Audio Mixdown performance when exporting files at a different sample rate than the project.

And this sounds like a curel joke: this was a damaged processing, nothing more and nothing less. Now it is just repaired, not improved.

2 Likes

All thou i agree with you on this, bashing Steinberg for a software you’re not even using the version your talking about is just picking a fight.

I bit the bullet like i normally do and i can report i’m not having the issues SO FAR that forced me baCK to 30 and if the reports are right about potentially having pages of quick controls on the Vsti’s , thats a great step forward BUT please Steinberg ,with all these great inovations don’t take you eye of the stuff that made your name , that just makes you look stupid .

Thanks ,finally for the update

1 Like

This is about keeping a positive mind and appreciate the hard work done by the steinberg team. Software development is hard, and it takes a lot of effort and commitment to fix bugs (and also proper bug reports which are on us).

Every single piece of software I use(d) have bugs, of course it depends on the complexity, which is very high for a DAW.

Beauty! Running without issue on my M1 MacBook Pro with Ventura. Super snappy.

2 Likes

Yeah, super snappy until you came across one of those bugs that makes it freeze or crash :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Are you employed by another Daw company as a saboteur ?

3 Likes

super snappy until you came across one of those bugs that makes it freeze or crash

I noted (in my own recent experience on PCs that I now use instead of my macs) that sometimes the problem is in the system and when you fix it (e.g. BIOS config (especially with TB devices), Windows 21H2 oor 22H2 proper updates…) there are not any freeze that I could reproduce anymore except some plugins making it hang on exit.
It is a fact that Cubase is very sensitive to plugin design quality, and not very tolerant about them, but note that tolerance has often a cost in performance.

This is a bad joke, right? Surely you’re aware of all the excellent volunteer work Louis is doing here for Steinberg?
By and large, Steinberg should be really thankful for all the support and work this community is supplying. Most people in here love their Cubendo and will spend hours every week supporting other users, writing detailed bug reports as well as providing some fantastic ideas of improvements. It comes as no surprise to me that there is a sense of disappointment when these efforts go unacknowledged.

5 Likes

Yeah I use telepathy to induce bugs in software, that’s well known :sweat_smile:
And if I ever was working for another company, or I was working at all, I wouldn’t have time to spend 2 to 6 hours a day on this forum. Simple as this.

Thanks for your support @mlib .

10 Likes

Speaking of which, just try this one. Tell me if it doesn’t freeze.
How in the world would a system update or BIOS settings affect bugs the are occurring inside a specific software ?

1 Like