Cubase 12.0.50 maintenance update now available

Sounds chaotic, they want very particular skills from beta testers - people who apply reductionism, understand proper troubleshooting ethic, process of elimination, etc. They don’t want the wild characters on this forum beta testing for them, or people who just post “arggghagnkadg this doesn’t work, performance is worse, goodbye… or badbye, Im going to Ableton”.

I do agree getting more frequent updates would be nice - but - I also know that a program like Cubase with legacy code is not as easy to update as a newer DAW.

I think Steinberg does a pretty good job to be honest, I mean, you guys are opting in for the public beta, even if it’s paid. There are paid video games that have been in beta for 5 years. New Call of Duty was released and it’s crashing to desktop all the time for people who have the highest end rigs. This is complicated sh!t, I don’t think the beta program you are imagining will do as much good as you think it would.

edit

also, I think we did have a faster rate of updates this round didn’t we? 6 or 7? since January? I’m pretty sure that’s more than what we usually get.

A public beta (preview?) channel does not mean opening up two way discussion or bug reporting directly to Steinberg. That’s why the closed/trusted beta testing exists, as current.

It purely allows users to jump on to hotfixes/latest builds which may contain fixes critical to their work and discuss it more formally via beta/preview tags on here. This is what most companies do already, as they learnt long ago that cycling around the same group of testers can easily become an echo chamber.

Whether Steinberg, or trusted testers want to read and use external feedback is their prerogative. Key aspect is that the end user gets access to minor/quick fixes which could be causing them frustration to wait 3 months for.

1 Like

Maybe, like I said, we got more updates this time around, so who knows. Last C11 update was .41. I wouldn’t expect any changes in paradigm until the license transition is complete and Halion 7 is released.

on a side note, if the ones ending in 1 are the last update (?) that means Cubase 13 is next…? or maybe the ones ending in .x1 are just a hotfix

just a hotfix

1 Like

just to loop back on this.

I’m willing to bet that this is what happens when you release other (basically untested!) patches in a ‘hotfix’ release

? Sorry, that doesn’t make any sense!

Ok,just check the forum…

Hi Matthias,

Where it reads:

“We have improved the automatic replacement of plug-ins in older projects when newer plug-in generations are available”

I had an issue just today with 12.0.40… before applying the 12.0.50 patch.

I have a project using Arturia Matrix-12 VSTi with a custom patch. They published a minor update to the plug. I installed that. I re-opened the same CPR… and… the patch is totally changed. Quite unexpected.

Is that what you mean by this improvement in 12.0.50?

TIA,

—JC

This is in the 12.0.51 release.

Could someone please tell me the official way to report a bug in Cubase V12.0.50?
Thank You

Please follow these instructions:
How to report a “BUG” in Cubase

You can also report them directly to either Steinberg Support or your local Yamaha/Steinberg distributor, but it’s a good idea to post them on this forum first so other users can confirm the issue.

1 Like