Cubase 12.0.50 maintenance update now available

All previous versions before 12 were fine. I’ve tested on at least 4 different computers with different audio interfaces - it is absolutely garbage on low buffers, there’s C12 problem, and many people write here about it for many months, and still nothing

@AntonVorozhtsov
Not my experience, here. Beside the Audio performance meter being a little more jumpy, I have no problem recording audio in a 35 tracks project including several VSTis (including multitimbral ones, such as Emulator X3 or Halion SE, BFD3, Alchemy…), Fx tracks and a rather convoluted routing scheme including external instruments and their audio returns. This, with an RME Fireface UCX set at 128 samples (3 ms of latency at 44.1 kHz).

This said, it would be helpful for us to know what ‘low latency’ / ‘low buffers’ actually means…

2 Likes

This sounds like a personal problem you have with your setup.
Perhaps, open a issue topic about your specific problem, so we might be able to help you?

2 Likes

No issues with the lowest latency setting here on Apple M1 and Focusrite Thunderbolt interface.

Hi there,
After the update my Cubase isn’t working anymore, license no valid! What is have to do??
I already try to re install en redeem license …
Thanks!

Did you activate your new Cubase 12 via the Activation Manager?

You need to start the Activation Manager, login to your mySteinberg Account and click the Activate button. Since Cubase 12 it doesn’t use the eLicenser anymore

Installed 12.0.50: Catastrophic! Yesterday all went finde, today permanent crashes. Steinberg should work better and should not use us as Beta-Testers :rage:

2 Likes

Thanks, this helped. There was something wrong with the activation manager. Anyway, it runs now :wink:

I didn’t even know we could do this, sorry, and I was doing it wrong :grimacing:
Actually that’s kind of a cool feature, however it still looks half fixed to me, as we have to press CTRL+ALT before grabbing the resize handle. I don’t know how they could have missed that.
We should be able to toggle it even after the resizing is engaged, just like Snap when we hold CTRL it disables it as long as we hold the key.

1 Like

I have been using Cubase Pro 12.0.50 for two days now and not one single issue. It is running as smoothly as can be.

Here are my specs:
Apple MacBook Pro M1 Pro w 16g ram and 1TB drive running in Rosetta 2 mode
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt Interface
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 2

Hopefully, people who are experiencing issues will get them sorted out.

Looking forward to 12.5.

1 Like

Yep, totally agree

Latest update kills my Novation Impulse midi KB controller.

And then Cubase freezes.

I had this problem in Reaper as well but disabling extra Impulse devices fixed it.

I can’t disable Midi devices in Cubase at all,I can Hide them but cannot Disable them.

Cubase is now useless for me.

1 Like

So do you think we will see 12.0.60 or is it a major update next? Thanks.

2 Likes

We all hope for version 12.0.60 because we need a stable version and we was pay for that…

3 Likes

I did update and everything work fine.
Thanks Cubase team
However still the issue about 61 SL MK3 script

I was trying to decide whether to upgrade to Cubase 12, but it seems it’s still flakey, so I’ll wait for 13 I think.

2 Likes

Cubase will always be “same” as stable. It can work well or badly on your computer.

Steinberg has been a bit “strange” for a few years, it seems.

1 Like

I just updated last night. I still have ASIO Guard issues. If I run as administrator and set the asio guard to high, I can get my modest session to play. The asio guard is still almost peaking though.

Dell Precision Laptop
i9 vpro 9th gen
32gb ram
windows 10

Hi there,
since the 0.50 update my BCR2000 GR script, written by @Giampaolo_Gesuale , doesn’t work anymore.

I have deleted all relevant files, re-imported the script, re-assigned the MIDI I/O, restarted Cubase after … all of this several times …

Don’t know what’s left to do. The BCR2000 is seen by Cubase and marked as connected. However, whatever button I press or knob I turn, there’s no reaction in the MIDI Remote.
Still, when I change tracks, the MR manger sees the change of track?

Anybody able to help? Is this a newly introduced bug?

TIA,
Ralf

P.S.: What’s even stranger is, if I move a fader with the mouse, the LED’s on the BCR follow??? Like if there’s only one direction of communication.

Got a quick reply from Steinberg support:

“The wdmaud.drv freeze is a known issue our developers are working on”

Looks like this one will be fixed!

1 Like