Cubase 12.0.52 maintenance update available

my bad about disk cache, seems I was downloading something and didn’t notice this was consuming part of it…

Is this realy a serious discussion here? Going back to 12.0.51, 12.0.50, 12.0.30, 11, 10. Why not 5? The current list of serious bug is endless. I think that Cubase has become a total embarisment for Steinberg. They cleary do not have things under control. Releasing a hotfix and then introducing another bug? I have never seen software on the market thats worst then Cubase when is comes to its release cycle. I stepped in at version 6. Bought every update, almost every VST even Spectral Layers and WaveLab. But I am thinking of leaving this sinking ship and throwing away this investement of several thousand euro’s. For months now there is no solution for many of the serious problemens. I loaded the software today to make a music production and I am totally frustrated with CB 12. Endless bugs. Even not playing all notes, MIDI recordings disappearing then splitting tracks, refusing to play some audio tracks. The clock timing is unusable. Performance spikes (and yes my system is optimized (to Steinbergs guidelines) and worked very well under 11) and many more things. I was excited when the V12 remote features were launched, but what good is this system if even the most basic features are so horribly bugged and unusable with a company that does not take it’s paying users serious?

4 Likes

@Shinco, you’re welcome to complain or post a generalized rant, but it might be productive for you to start a new topic with an exact problem you are having, so someone can help you sort things.

3 Likes

Some posts have been removed.

Please stay on topic, this is about a Steinberg Cubase release, if you would like to discuss the pros and/or cons of other programs please start a new topic in the Lounge.

here is a specific topic about the bugs I keep finding in this version.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-12-list-of-bugs-i-found/822570

Thank you.

******** Update**********
no crash but the vst audio goes away randomly …

Something interesting to report, I uninstalled Kontakt 7 and reinstalled Cubase 12.0.52 so far I have not seen any crash, it seems to be working better with KK 2.8.1 and Kontakt 6.
but I did notice the project load time is a bit slower…

True that. I’ve had nothing but performance issues, switched to Mac and i run UAD apollo Thunderbolt 3/4. Also use their daw LUNA. Not as detailed as Cubase but it’s VERY stable and no performance issues at all. Love it. Steinberg/Yamaha sucks now as far as support. And being honest to their customers.

You cant “sort things” when the daw is broken

Rolled back to 12:.0.50 as I was getting random crashes with 0.52. Don’t know why .50 is more stable for me.

this is so odd, in Cubase 12.0.52 VST audio goes away, I can see it is receiving midi signals, but no audio.
the only way I can get it to work is if I reload the VST into Komplete Kontrol again.
12.0.52, looks like it’s muting vst 3 plugins randomly?

:frowning: going back to 12.0.30 again… this is crazy…

Not to be overly dramatic, but does Yamaha/Steinberg do beta testing before releasing?

@Matthias_Quellmann >> This bug exists in Cubase 12.0.30 as well… to reproduce take a drum part with lots of midi pitches,… midi dissolve the part into different tracks so each pitch has it’s own track… now go to these tracks some will have audio coming out of VST some will not… using Kontakt 6 or 7 with or without Komplete Kontrol. same results…

if I was to use HALION SONIC and do the same, this does not happen… all instances / tracks have audio. also if one loads a small lightweight Kontakt sample library this does not happen.

Oh boy. Just a cursory glance at this thread convinces me to stay with 12.0.50 as it is rock-solid stable.
Win11/Ryzen5/16GB

1 Like

im like you im out no more Cubase for me either, i use bitwig now its better! Cubase is like a small family of old men that just wont change, a bit like protools. cubase is no longer for me.

Maybe ive changed my tune , im not out of Cubase , i’ll carry on using Cubase but unless anything worth while is introduced in the next versions i’m not updating just for the new remote app , my machines old , runs well with this C12.0.50 version but it’s now a gamble on stability like it was in the early years . Cubase is still the Don of Daw’s but do i need to stay on the upgrade path for no reasons ? not really

Bitwig really? Steinberg invented VST in 1996, they created what everyone else simply uses, I would not go that far. it’s not perfect but it’s not that bad… I do think UI is somewhat dated, works better on Mac then windows, UI that is… but I still think they are worth my money.

And it looks like vst is on the way out… really stiengberg cant see why midi and audio being on one track or using the same midi to control different softsynths might be useful??

Bitwig only supports VST2.4 and VST3 plugins. but I agree with unified audio / midi track that can be useful for a vst3 plugins. oh and Bitwig plugin crash protection modes are also great.

They support CLAP as well. (I think they were co-creators). Seems like a lot of advantages over VST and could be what eventually replaces VST. Someone else who knows more about it than me could give more info though.

Sounds like an STD lol are you sure it’s safe to use? pun intended J/K. I have never seen or heard of that format. I am sure it’s good, any plugin manufacturer support that format? Native Instruments, Spitfire etc?

Nahh I don’t think any of the big developers are using it yet (u-he does though). It’s really new. I personally have never used it but I know a lot of people are excited about it.