Cubase 12.0.60 maintenance update now available

Trying not to depress myself a little here, but the MR was actually a feature that should’ve been in C11 but they held it back ‘to get right’ in C12, telling us that it would be worth the wait.

Now I know how my missus feels when I promise to cut the grass! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Exactly , i think it was a question of being scared of loosing customers that it was finally released half baked .
I sound like i’m obsessed about the dysfunctionality but im not bothered , what bothers me is scripting taking priority over stability . I still struggle to use my interfaces on 256 while recording synths without Asio peaks , but on 1040 ,not a sausage , stable as hell , Halions GUI now causes my graphics to stutter but ive worked around that by using more Ram than Disk .
All said im happy with 52 BUT C13 before the remote can even work with encoders ? that’s a risky step getting people to pay another £90 for functionality that SHOULD already be there

3 Likes

If they drop Generic Remote as part of that £90 payment things will get a bit spicy on here. :slight_smile:

Vindaloo

Getting repeatable crashing when removing a Group track.

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t find Spectralayers One in Cubase Pro

That depends on how the… house was actually designed and built.
Software products, unlike houses, can be structured and built in much more different ways, more or less… good, especially if they come from projects carried out in a past in which technologies were much less evolved.

I have no interest, anyway, in defending or accusing any companies.
I just wanted to point out a technical aspect (which can also affect other products, not just musical ones) which is perhaps sometimes underestimated.

Thank you.

Do you think those very old problems will be patched one day ?

• Having real 6/8 measures : meaning 2 doted quarter notes per measure with the middle of the measure on the second note, and not 3 quartet notes per measure as it is now, (this is also true for any compound time signatures).
  • Being able to set middle C to C4 as it is (except for Yamaha who probably think they are smarter than everyone else and ~200 years of classical music)

Best

4 Likes

Any news from Steinberg for a Cubase 12.0.70 update ?
I wish I recover a functional DAW.

The current update has been released just a week ago.

But .0.50 was released sharply followed by .0.51 and sharply followed by .0.52 so that’s an irrelevant comment imo (no disrespect intended ) , if somethings broken Steinberg have proved very well in the past they CAN deliver if they feel like it

2 Likes

The current update has broken some functions (regarding remote control among others).
I wish (and I’m sure) Steinberg will release a new update soon.

Thank you very much for that! I have worked in software development since 1980 and started out writing Assembler Language for the old Intel 8080/8085 chips, so we can see that I’m quite old, being 68 years old. The quality of software has certainly gone down over the years and I’m in total agreement with what you said about fixing what’s in place before adding new things. I’m using Nuendo 12 and thus far, I’ve had no issues. Have not used Cubase since 10 Pro, but I know that the codebase is similar.

1 Like

after update i have alot of peaks in CPU Meter
intel i9 10940x
ram 128
win 11 pro
the session is template with 5 reverb plugins but its empty no data no recording

1 Like

Cubase frozen now on Catalina, how can I go back to the previews version please, I need to work, thanks

What about problem with button acoustic feedback in audio editor after closing the window. All settings are reset always.
Cubase 12.06 (win10)

Is it safe if I I rollback to the 12.0.52 using the previous versions available here ?

Yes, I have the same issue with the Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 … you have to manually touch the pad to light its colour… now you confirm to me that it’s a post upgrade issue.

Rollbacked to the 12.0.52, everything is OK.

1 Like