Cubase 12.0.70 - Disk Cache Overload? @Steinberg

I have been stuck with this Disk Cache issue for nearly a week now. The Disk Cache will max out and overload even though my pc specs is good.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? Can anyone try to replicate and see if they get the same problem:

1. Open an empty project or any project.

2. Import a wav file.

3. Then make a very small loop cycle and have it playing and looping.

4. While the audio is playing goto the very top and start changing the Transpose, Fine Tune or turn Musical Mode on/off

Does this make your Disk Cache spike and max out and overload? Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

I just want to get back to producing but been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to solve this issue…… :disappointed:

what kinda storage you got? I used to run off a regular harddrive and i noticed it struggled on cubase alot if running samples from it.

Obviously your case sounds extreme but tryna see if theres a core reason

Even on an empty project if I import 1 wav file and put it on a very small loop cycle and have it playing then changing the transpose, fine tune, musical mode will trigger disk cache overload.

My PC is still new and my hard drive is a M2 NVME SSD.

I just don’t understand why I am experiencing this disk cache overload…… I would like to find the cause and fix it but it’s been doing my head in……