Cubase 12 activations limit and releasing, Steinberg Team

Done!

1 Like

Thanks, have a nice day)

1 Like

Hello steinberg . i hope helping me . one of my computers is broken end has still active licence on it , unfortunately the mother board is broken , wont start. how to deactivate the licence on it ? i understand the licence is stored on computer id , but i can*t start this machine to deactivate becouse the machine is broken. i know i can use 3 computers but such time one of them is broken , how to deactivate licence on it.

I dont find on internet or to the steinberg site , an articole abot how to deactivate cubase 12 if the machine is broken .
phone support dont work

this is the broken machine in cause, atached in foto: ID 2ae4166873

thanks in advance.

I have reset your activation.

1 Like

Thank you Mathias
Done all ready by Ben

All my regards

lun., 12 sept. 2022, 13:45 Matthias Quellmann via Steinberg Forums <notifications@steinberg.discoursemail.com> a scris:

A post was split to a new topic: Error in jack.security.access

Matthias_Quellmann , I am running with the same problem. I added Extra hdd to my pc. Now it say Activation Limit Reached.
Please Help.!

thank for solving issue!

Hi Mattias. please help me… I felt the need to reset my computer for the last 3-5 days due to screen problems. I removed the m2 hdd tonight and installed SSD hdd windows10 pro for troubleshooting.
but I got the following warning about the license. It says ‘Activation Limit Reached’… thanks.

Pictures

Done!

1 Like

Thanks Matthias…

@Matthias_Quellmann - you are a king for helping all these folks, but I sure hope you have reported this as a problem to your higher-ups. It’s unacceptable for customers of such an expensive (and job-critical) product to have to visit a message board in order to unlock the software they paid for, and it seems like it’s creating a lot of busywork for you, too.

Again, I salute you for your efforts here, but Steinberg has to do better.

2 Likes

We took a hard crash (mobo) on our Cubase machine recently and it’s unrecoverable.
We’ve built a new machine and activated Cubase on it so we now have an orphan activation dated March 2022. I’d appreciate it if this could be freed up so we’re back to a single activation.
Thanks.

Also, if there was ever an end-user issue that cried out for a self-service solution, this is it.

I’ll probably get jumped on for suggesting this, but going back to the original plan of the 30-day periodic call-home to verify licenses would would give SB the possibility to offer self-service license releases.

Maybe not possible to make such a change at this point though.

Nonetheless, @Matthias_Quellmann has been quick on the draw to release licenses here on the forum.

2 Likes

even better, what about some kind of small and portable hardware device that you could store your licences on ? Possibly USB based ? I wonder if it could be something like the iLok ? that works beautifully for lots of my other licences. You can even have 2 or 3 activations for spare iLoks.

I hope SB could implement something like this.

3 Likes

I would, rather selfishly, strongly agree with you as the 30 day check-in wouldn’t affect us here, but I’m well aware that it would have a negative impact on others.
And yes, Matthias has been doing a sterling job of looking after us all but I’m sure he already has a day job and would rather be getting on with something else.

Hi Matthias!!

Would it be possible to reset all my activations, please?

Many thanks in advance!!

Agree 100%.
Trouble is, too many people claimed that their machines never saw the internet for years, causing a stink and claiming the 30 day activation somehow meant it was a subscription service. (!)

I really do admire that SB adjusted to meet the needs of the userbase, but seeing activations being cleared via forum posts just seems really unprofessional to me. That’s not a dig at SB, more a feeling of frustration seeing how this has played out.

I hear you, and probably moot at this point, but yeah.

@KT66 @barri I have reset your activations.