Activating and deactivating Steinberg Licensing licenses

Same issue here. I am trying to install Cubase 12 on a 3rd computer (new laptop) and website says I already have it installed on 3 computers which is not the case.

Hi,

Get in contact with your local support, please. They are able to free the seats for you.

Tried the Support Chat earlier today and waited a good 30 mins. Nobody ever showed up.

I have the same problem, please help!

Hello, Matthias!
Two days ago I installed cubase pro 12 and activated, now because the windows 10 version is too low, I can’t activate cubase pro 12 after reinstalling the system, I want to refresh my cubase12 activation, thank you!

@Zhivko_Nanev @brzilian76 @HONG_VU_VIET @976787752

Done!

Hi Matthias,
I am having the same problem, can’t open Cubase due to no available seats, although I’m only using it on one computer… Please help!

Well, i’ve also made a ticket to release one of my activations.
Could you help me to ?
Thanx

Done!

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:
Can U help me with my activations?

I need a reset becouse i changed all my PC and MAC gear in the studio

Thank You

George Hora

done!

Thank You Matthias :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have had the same problem except nothing works and sadly no reply from Steinberg support.

The ‘No Valid Licence’ messages started after upgrading to 12.0.40. There were no problems with the upgrade from Cubase 11 pro to Cubase 12 pro.

The latest elicenser correctly says
cubase elicenser
I have updated Activation Manager to 1.4.0.843 and reinstalled. No luck.
It says ‘Activation Limit Reached’
![Activation limit reached cubase steinberg|690x486]

My account says I have activated on 3 machines. But I haven’t. I have activated on a MacStudio (which works) and the Windows 10 PC which contains most of my projects and won’t work with the update.

(I don’t understand or recognise the codes for the 3 machines which my account says are activated. They are 10 digit codes - in hex?. Are they MAC codes?

Can anyone help please?

wow! I just updated Cubase to 12 on my laptop as my main Mac Pro machine is using the Steinberg MR 816csx and it won’t run on Monterey (BOO) ( I’m looking to get the PreSonus 26/26) anyway, my Mac laptop is running Cubase 12 like a champ (using core audio) but it seems like I’m going to have major problems when I want to run Cubase 12 on my MacPro next week after I get my new PreSonus audio interface… this is REALLY disappointing. I was under the impression that you could easily change your license from one computer to another but that is CLEARLY not the case.

All you have to do is sign-in to the Steinberg Activation Manager on your Mac Pro. As far as I can tell, the topic starter’s issue was caused by not signing out from SAM before clean installing macOS.

Hi John, I have reset your activations.

I just installed Cubase 12 - I am new to the new licensing system.
All is working on my Mac mini and will be installing on a new Mac Studio in the next few weeks.
After reading here I am concerned of potential issues with everything mentioned previously.
Is this primarily a PC issue? User error? Bug in the system? Is there a particular sequence of things you must follow exactly to de-activate ?

Also, when I need to deactivate, what is the process?

Joy!! Thank you Matthias- both my new MacStudio and old Windows PC are working now.

Basically, because the system only needs to “Phone home” once to activate a machine, this means that it must also “Phone home” to tell the Steinberg server if you wish to remove a machine.

From what I’ve read, there’s a few instances where machines accidentally create a new ID and a second license is generated on that same machine, and users can’t release the original license for the initial ID. I’d imagine something has made it look like the hardware has changed.

If you reach the 3 machine limit and you can’t release yourself, that’s where people are asking for help on here - Hopefully in future we can do it remotely ourselves. I appreciate that it’s very difficult for Steinberg to create that balance and protect their software, however.

On the plus side, we have a system which only needs to activate once and can be used offline for as long as we want. It’s worked great for me, but then you won’t hear the majority of good experiences! :slight_smile:

Hello
I have a probleme whit my cubase licene and nuendo licence they not work in my machine it says that I have reached the limit and there is no way to deactivate old installations.