Activating and deactivating Steinberg Licensing licenses

Thank you Matthias!

1 Like

I need help once again with re-activating Cubase 12. I am using Windows 10 on my computer named “effcec804a” I copied from my products
Logo

Products

Used on 3 computers:

effcec804a|activated Jul 25, 2022, 8:52 PM
1e21c454b7|activated Jun 30, 2022, 3:02 PM
6b031331a9|activated Jul 7, 2022, 6:45 PM
I keeps telling me I have no valid licence

I need to get back to work
Thanks
Tim Schumacher

I hate to say this. I am sick and tired of these software companies punishing us with this dongle/ licensing wickedness. Punishing those of us that are supporting their products, by imposing restrictions on how and when we are able to use the software. If you are so concerned about people cracking the software, focus on making the software uncrackable. Even the police could not crack the iPhone, so it is possible. The only logical recourse would be to pay full price for the software, then get the crack version to be free from all this licensing/dongle/iLok foolishness.

And you really believe something like this does exist?

Yes, because the iPhone contains all kinds of dongle.

Done!

1 Like

Thanks Matthais. Cubase 12 is a go but I still have the same problem with Cubase AI
Products

Used on 3 computers:

effcec804a activated Jul 25, 2022, 8:52 PM
21c454b7 activated Jun 30, 2022, 3:03 PM
6b031331a9 activated Jul 7, 2022, 6:45 PM

Thanks again. No all Cubase is working

I have the exact same problem and NO…
it says 3 installations with the 3 dates the activations were made.
Worse than that, I only have one computer ? Were do they get these codes from ?
Certainly not from my computer because if they did there would be only one computer ?
Scrathing my head ?

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3.33 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 12
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB
Boot ROM Version: 144.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 1.39f5
SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f5
Serial Number (system): CK9170B48Q0
Serial Number (processor tray): J593400W61LUE
Hardware UUID: 1A1C6818-30E6-5069-8D4D-470050F33A2D

There is no dongle or iLok to use the phone to make a phone call, Done!

1 Like

There is no dongle nor ilok needed to make a phone call, Done!

You don’t get it, what do you think what is happening when you start your uncrackable iPhone?
But obviously you are the one who knows how the software world is ticking and that uncrackable software exists.
Your rant here tells me everything, so now EoD, or in your words ‘Done’

Are there any plans to change how this works?
Do what people have suggested.
Give the option to activate/deactivate on your website from our account.

2 Likes

But if the client machine doesn’t need to authorise again, that leaves the system up for exploitation. That’s the problem here, original plan was for that option to exist and the client machines would need to phone home every 30 days to check they were still activated on the account.

At this point, I’m not sure what the answer is, or how many more activations are having to be released by support staff privately - but it doesn’t look professional. :frowning:

I’m demoing Cubase right now, and I’m probably going to buy it as it’s just a great software, and the discount for PRO version with crossgrade is really a great deal.
But this is almost the only thing that have made me think about it.
I don’t want to have to worry about stuff like this.
This is also the reason I try to avoid I Lok.
I get why they do it, but they need to find a better way.
Making it this inconvenient for paying customers is not the way to go.
I can absolutely see myself forgetting to deactivate Cubase if I someday re instal windows.
I shouldn’t have to make that a priority.
Wasn’t Cubase already cracked btw?
Heard it happened shortly after they stopped with the dongle on VI Control.
Pirates are gonna pirate, paying customers shouldn’t have a worse experience than pirates with the software.
Other DAWs (that I’ve tried) isn’t this inconvenient when it comes to this.
Just my feedback.
Not trying to slam on Steinberg.
Would be great if you could share if you have plans to adjust how it works : )

As I already mentioned: We are in the transition from one system to another and we will definitely improve the process of releasing activations from specific systems.

2 Likes

There’s a big difference with iLok, Steinberg manage both the software and the licensing - so it’s one point of contact if you get a problem with a machine and need activation releasing.

The problem with iLok is that you need to go through the iLok utility to request release and then wait for the developer of each to confirm released. And that can become complicated if any get stuck, which in my experience is every time! :frowning:

1 Like

Oh my apologies.
I’m new here.
That’s great to hear, and thanks for the response!

Yeah for sure.

Hi Matthias,
I am having the same problem too.
After I reinstalled my computer, I found that my activation had not been revoked. Could you undo it for me?
The Computer name is “DESKTOP-DLV0OKR”, activated Sep 8, 2022, 2:42 PM
Thank you so much!

Hello, I am a Cubase user. When I try to authenticate Cubase in Activation manager on a new computer, it says Activation limit reached and authentication fails. It doesn’t seem to work when installing more than 3 units, but there is no other way to initialize it… What should I do?