Activating and deactivating Steinberg Licensing licenses

Hi

I’ve had a ticket open for 14 days now as well, and was hoping you could reset one of my activation as well.

Ticket #508146

Same story, I only activated on one computer and I think this happened when I installed my graphic card. Let’s hope someone is looking into a self service option.

@Joakim all reset!

Hello everyone,

My name is Lucas Souza!

I recently had to reinstall my O.S (Windows) and when I try to install Cubase 12 on my new clean O.S (Also Windows) I’m getting a message saying that my license reached the limit of 3 computers.

The thing is that i only have 1 computer and at the steinberg account is showing that i’ve registered on 3 different ones (no idea why)

Is there any way to reset my license so i can use only this new version of my O.S?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @lucasviniciuz, I have reset your activations from the backend. Unfortunately that’s currently the only way if you can’t deactivate the licenses on your local system.

Hello Matthias!

Thanks for replying.

It worked! now my Cubase 12 it’s activated on my computer

Extremely thankful!

1 Like

Hello Matthias!

My Cubase 12 pro lost one activation. In acount it looks like it’s activated, but it’s not my home pc, which should be there. Plese, reset my activations.

Thanks!

fhNB67-mo0TSSsLOT2JdNtbuadqaCG0g89soHRk6aT5OAc7420MzCiPITeZ2vq7V1F0ImtyB3NMAMG9BdLD3bvv-

@JekoMidi done!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

@Matthias_Quellmann Hi, I raised a support ticket on Friday but no response so far and I really need a de-activation doing. There appears to be a 3rd licence used up on my account (with a strange hex value, rather than the named computers of the other 2). I urgently need to allocate this 3rd licence to a laptop for a remote session in the morning. If you can help, that would be fantastic.

@OldWiseMan Done!

1 Like

Thank you so much.

@Matthias_Quellmann, could you help me out as well? I have the same issue as some other users in this thread. There seems to be a false activation of one of my three Nuendo 12 activations. I only activated two of them, but the third was activated by “Nick’s Mac Mini”(?), which is not one of my computers. Could you reset my license please? Do I simply have to re-activate my two licenses with the Activation manager then?

Hi @Misja_van_Waterschoo, I have removed the activation on the Mac Mini.

Thank you so much! Just another question: When I open the activation manager on my MacBook Pro, I want to sign in. I get the message that signing in will remove the offline activation on my macbook. Is it safe to sign in and re-activate the license?

You can sign in an activate the license permanently on the MacBook. The offline activation is only relevant for systems that are not connected to the internet at all.

Thank you! Everything is looking okay again!

1 Like

Hi

My PC died a few weeks ago and required a new motherboard, so when I tried to run Cubase 12 it needed reactivating, I’d used all 3 as one was tied to my dead motherboard so couldn’t run Cubase,
In the interim I removed the licence from my laptop as needed to use PC and logged a call for the licences to be released on 24th and received acknowledgement but have heard nothing yet. Do you know how long it normally takes for this to be done as it is a pain swapping activations around?

It was easier with a dongle!

thanks

Darryl

Hey @djangomusic I have reset your activations.

That’s great Matthias!
Thank you!

regards

Darryl

My Windows computer just reinstalled the system a few days ago. Before installing the system, I had no authorization to exit Cubase12. Cubase12 can only activate three devices at the same time. As a result, if I do not exit other devices now, this new system cannot use Cubase12. How to exit the authorization of that device