Cubase 12 Artist upgrade from Elements issues without dongle

I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to get Cubase 12 Artist to work. When trying to upgrade the Cubase 12 this message comes up in the elicenser

“The license upgrade you are about to perform will work only for licenses which reside on a USB-
Licenser. Currently, the license you want to upgrade resides on your computer’s Soft-
elicenser.
Please transfer the license you want to upgrade from the Soft-eLicenser to a USB-eLicenser by
cancelling the license activation process (click ‘Cancel License Activation’) and starting
Licenser Control Center from the ‘Applications’ folder, then using drag-n-drop to transfer the
license from the Soft-eLicenser to the USB-eLicenser.”

I have never had a dongle with Cubase Elements 8. I’ve emailed support twice about this and now I can’t even use Cubase because verification is expired. I’ve tried everything I could find on these forums to no avail. Any help would be appreciated

I’m am having the same problem upgrading from Elements 11 to Artist 12. Extremely frustrating.

1 Like

Glad to hear I’m not the only one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@sah253 @Max_Whyman I have sent both of you a PM.

Thanks! Lets see if this works out.

It worked! Thank you.

I cant activate Cubase Artist 12. I bought it 5000cheaper because I have Cubase AI 11. when i go to activate it, i am asked to connect USB elicenser for AI 11 which I never had or needed to have and i cant activate Artist 12 without it. Support connected to my computer and he couldn’t do it either and he said I am waiting for a new key or something like that. That was almost two weeks ago. i cant use the program i paid for and nobody is helping me, i mean generating a new key or what not should not last this long. What can i do?

I’m having the exact same problem. I filed a couple of support request, yet no answer there yet. Would you be so kind to help out? I bought the Cubase 12 Artist upgrade for Elements 11.

Kind regards

Matthias was able to get my problem solved, thanks!

@Hans_Verhaag @Stjepan_Sever I have sent you new DACs via PMs.