Cubase 12 (bug?) does not copy cc data from Sibelius but my Cubase 7.5 does

Hi,
I import the midi track into Cubase from Sibelius. Cubase automatically creates midi tracks when you import them and all of the velocity and cc data is brought over from Sibelius. Above those midi tracks I create an instrument(s) track and then move the midi track to the instrument track. When I do this, the velocity data stays the same but the CC11 data does not exist anymore.
cubase dynamics test 2.mid (904 Bytes)

Hi,

Do you mean you moved the MIDI Part from the MIDI track over to the Instrument track?

Hi Martin,

that is correct. I have consulted a few colleagues and they say that it is a bug in Cubase 12. I am using the trial version so I cannot upgrade until this is resolved but please see my attachment. It works perfectly well in Cubase 7.5. I would like to resolve this ASAP if possible.
Many thanks
cubase dynamics test 2.mid (904 Bytes)

Hi,

Sorry for my delay.

Please, how is your Preferences > MIDI > MIDI File > Destination setup? Is there MIDI Track?

How do you import the MIDI File? Do you have any project in background? Do you import to an existing project or do you create a new project?

How do you “move the midi track to the instrument track”, please? Do you mean to move the MIDI Part from the MIDI track over to the Instrument track? By drag and drop?

Sorry, I cannot reproduce it here, it works for me.

Could you maybe make a video screen recording?

Can you open the part, after you moved/copied it, in the MIDI List editor and see if CC 11 is shown there?

In Preferences > MIDI > MIDI File > Import Options, do you have “import controller as automation data” enabled? That will delete CC data from the MIDI event and put it on controller lanes.