Cubase 12 cord track semitone lower

hi guys. I’m struggling quite a bit with QB12. I have zero experience with it and/or previous versions and have found several things are not working the way I thought they would. Kind of making me feel lost and inadequate. I almost wish there was a formal class for QB12 just so I can thoroughly learn CB.

One of those things that I’m confused about is the cord track. I have noticed that each time I use the cord track the result don’t make sense so I did a simple test. I played four progression with triads from C to G…all major cords. Then I dragged this piano audio into the cord track. All the cords once analyzed by the cord track indicated each cord was a semitone lower then the cord I actually played. So C major shows up as B Major and D Major shows up in the cord track as D flat Major and so on. Any clue what is causing this to happen?
Thanks guys for the support.
Chris

Hi,

Make sure, your Audio Device’s Sample Rate matches the Project’s Sample Rate, please.

1 Like

Wow. Thanks Martin I would have never guessed that one! Yup my project was at 44.1k and the XR18 audio device was at 48K. I just placed both of them at 48k and tested it again with simple triad cords and it was in key now. Thanks. Despite the fact that I played the most basic cords like C, D, E, F, G, A, B C, The detected cords were C D, E7, F, G Amin7 and B. Is this normal for such simple cords to not be detected properly?

1 Like

Hi,

To me it sounds like Cubase adapt the chords to the Scale in this case.

1 Like

Ok I understand. Thanks Martin for your input. VERY helpful.
C