Cubase 12 crashes after removing tracks

Hi,
when I remove tracks from a project, C12 frequently crashes. The tracks don’t neet to have plugins loaded to make crash. After that the project is still active, but something strange happens with the graficla things., e.g. you can’t see the content of the track folders eventhough the active tracks are there. Where can I send the CrashDump so somebody from Steinberg could check what is going on?

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows, please?

Could you attach the *.ips/dmp file here?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

I’m on Windows 10. Here’s the link:
https://we.tl/t-sC396bNUut

Hi,

Are you talking about the Audio tracks, please.

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Actually it does’t matter what kind of tracks are in session. First had this issue when I opnened C11 session and there the problem was with intsrument tracks, but later the same problem was with simple audio tracks even without plugins loaded.

Hi,
any news about the crashdumb I’ve sent you?

It’s almost three weeks now from the day I sent the crash dumb. Isn’t it a little bit to long? The problem is very annoying. Sometimes I have to restart Cubase couple of times to make so simple operation like deleting tracks. It takes time and disturbs the concentration on work.

Have you found a solution?
I’m unable to work in version 12 since the release day because of that problem .
Still can’t find why it crashes on deleting/disabling tracks (cubase 11 on the same machine works just fine).

Hello there,
New to the forum, so excuse me if I don’t know the etiquette. I am having this problem as well, and it’s really disrupting my workflow. I am also having to rescan my plugins constantly, especially after these crashes. I don’t know if it might be VST related or of these variables have anything to do with it but there are some specs and the crash dump file below. I am running VE Pro 5, which surprisingly runs great on the M1 Chip. Maybe Arturia stuff if any of you are running it?

Cubase 12 Version 12.0.40
Mac Os Monterey 12.6
Apple M1 Max chip

thanks!

Cubase 12-2022-09-19-134723.ips (275.6 KB)

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Do you know, what did you do before the crash, please?

The crash is in Cubase, not in any plug-in.

Hi thanks for your reply,
I’m literally doing nothing different. Every time I remove or deactivate more than two tracks it crashes. I’ve Messed with the buffer rate. That’s not it. It’s a new issue that started happening a couple days ago, but there is nothing different about my system. For whatever reason Cubase’s performance seems to be getting worse overall.

Occasionally that happens to me too. I’ll try to post a .dmp file next time!

Hi,

This suppose to be fixed in the upcoming update.

I had this problem for years, and indeed, unchecking all midi devices in Midi Port Setup fixed the problem. At least for now. I’ll be back if it was just a fluke lol. I’m in disbelief.