Cubase 12 crashes on certain positions in project only (always replicable)

It might be something to do with the event snap points. There are two event snap points that are at the end of their events. If I move these snap points it doesn’t crash. But then again if I un-mute the parts it also doesn’t crash, so could be a combination of factors.

1 Like

When opening the thread here, I also opened a support ticket at Steinberg directly. I will update your findings in the ticket. :call_me_hand:
But from experience, they are really slow when it comes to answering these tickets. So, yeah…

OK. I would have thought, though, that Steinberg would be interested in a reproducible test case, which has been further narrowed down to a small project, that totally crashes Cubase. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Absolutely. I’ve been working for a decade in the IT support closely with programmers as well and am programming myself some simpler things.

If my clients came up with nearly half a troubleshooting like this, it would be the easiest job on the planet. Most of the time consuming detail work has already been done here. In this case I would assign the support ticket directly to the programming crew. This cannot be said for most other crash reports on this forum.

1 Like