Cubase 12 crashes on startup

I have the same problem cubase 12 is activated but it wont start…crashes at start, tried deleting all the plugins but it wont start…im on big sur…pls help!!!

@jdockerty : can you send me the crashlog via a private message? Thanks!

1 Like

I will do when I get to the studio later.

1 Like

So this must be Big Sur problem. I’ve been relying on my hackintosh machine with Cubase 11 for so long and so far I did not have any problems :smiley: .

2 Likes

Cubase 12 crashing on Mac OS Monterey on start up. Any solution yet… ;(

1 Like

@Kuu: please send me the crashlog that you’ll find in the console app as a private message…thanks!

doing so shortly

1 Like

Mine stops at scanning VST3 plugins…I do a force quit and reopen disabling all 3rd party pugins then it is ok. What is the solution again? or you need my crash log? And how do i get it?

how do I send a PM?

click on my name and then the message button

I have been trying to look for a while now. I can’t see the message button after I click your name.

1 Like

tuner not working anymore, when inserted on a track

why is that?!

@Erich_Krey How do I get the crash log

dear Erich, I think it’s not about the Hackintosh, since this problem also occurs with the owners of the original Mac, with hope we will wait for the solution of this unexpected problem for us
Thanks!

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. 2021 MBP, but the problem is with Groove Agent SE.
I’ve deleted files and re-installing in the Download Assistant.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I was having issues upgrading from Cubase 11 to Cubase 12 in macOS too. It would crash at startup, though the cause/error message seemed different than what’s been mentioned above. In the crash log, though, there were several references to “Groove Agent SE” (which I have never used). I tried uninstalling it, to no avail.

In the end, the only way I was able to get Cubase 12 working was to:

• Uninstall Cubase 11 and 12
  • Uninstall Steinberg Download Assistant, Steinberg Activation Assistant, and Steinberg Library Manager
  • Delete the entire \Library\Application Support\Steinberg folder
  • Reboot
  • Download the Steinberg Download Assistant again
  • Reinstall Cubase 12

Somewhat drastic perhaps, but it is working now. My old Cubase project files still load and work normally, so all is good. Presumably I have lost all of those Steinberg instruments that I must have installed at one time, but I literally never used them, so no great loss. Plus I could probably re-install them if necessary, but I don’t think I’ll take the chance.

2 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed is that the walk through says in 'My Products" in Download Assistant, Cubase 12 is not listed, only 11.

1 Like

@Polestar no luck for me. Guess I have to wait for an update, if it’s not working for me after new update then I’m going back to Cubase 11, living a dongle life haha.

i have the same issue, crash at startup with “no builtin device with output found” error on my hackintosh desktop with Cubase 12 Pro. Audio Interface is UR44C.
With Cubase 11 Pro no problems at all on the same machine.
on my Hackintosh Laptop the crash isn’t there.

What changed in Cubase 12 that causes this? is there a hotfix we can try before a maintenance update?

same here, but that doesn’t seem to be related with the crash because on my laptop it works even if Cubase 12 is not shown under My Products.