Cubase 12 crashes on startup

I have no crash logs there. Doesn’t seem like cubase creates any logs for me? The folders are there but no logs.

I dont have the folder Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components
So I have no idea how to apply that quick fix with removing the groove agent file

Mac Catalina

So I am in Crash hell…

Cubase 12 broke all of my old versions as well.
In curiosity…I just tried to launch Wavelab and it crashes too

Same here. Doesn’t help that their support line is 2 hours each day…

We have a studio complex with a bunch of machines, upgraded 2 of them and that upgrade completely messed current AND previous versions. I managed to somehow start Cubase 11 on one of them, but most of the features are not usable (for example - import tracks). The rest of the machines will highly likely stay at C11 for quite a while! Jeez.

2 Likes

Mine is working now.
It was VSTConnect causing it.

I’ll have to see if Import Tracks is working

This was the fix for me:

in the finder click on the “Go” menu → “Go to folder” and enter there the following path:
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components
I deleted the VST Connect Bundle and Pro

I am being prompted by this exact same message when trying to open Cubase 12 LE AI on a 2015 MacBook Pro w/Monterey. After a few failed attempts and even deleting any groove agent files I could find, I went down to my main desktop Mac and opened the software on that computer just fine. This is very frustrating because I was running older versions of Cubase without a problem until recently when my laptop screen window would turn white whenever I selected an edit tool. I figured I’ll just purchase the newer version of the elements and that would solve it. I am unsure of what to do with the laptop version.

Hello Erich,

I too am having a crash issue with Cubase 12 on a MacBook Pro 2015 with Monterey update. Looking at some of these crash reports, mine looks very similar but it’s saying Groove Agent is the problem. What can I do to fix this? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I’m getting the same Groove Agent message on two different MacBooks. Any luck??

2 Likes

I’m having this exact problem having just updated by 2017 MacBook Air to Monterey and Cubase Elements 9.5 to 12. I can’t remember the last time anything was ever simple when installing/upgrading Cubase, problems every single time!

Same here Crash every 2 min that impossible - abelton here i come

Cubase 12_2022-03-23-141058_Rans-MacBook-Pro-2.crash (177.3 KB)
Cubase 12_2022-03-23-135122_Rans-MacBook-Pro-2.crash (177.7 KB)

Same here

I’m on windows 10 on pc. Just upgraded to Cubase 12 this afternoon. Got it to work but it keeps closing down.

Has there been a fix communicated yet?

Thanks in advance for the help
2017 Mac(not Hack)bookPro. OSMonterey
Same error many here have reported.
Upgraded C11Pro to C12Pro and it won’t launch (apparently due to Groove Agent One)

I went to Library / Application Support / Steinberg, but there is no “components” folder there to delete “Groove Agent SE.vst3” and that file is not found on a computer search.

Tried safe boot/no3rdpartyplugs/delete pref/etc with no luck

Please advise. Crash log as listed, can pm full log if needed
Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.03.30 PM|690x186

1 Like

I have buy Cubase 12 and impossible to open . Crash with my Mac OS Monterey I see in the loading Vst 3 groove agent and crash directly . Four days with the support I have tried everything . 100 euros and I couldn’t even open this software …
Marvelous

I’ve had this today in the studio with clients! cubase crashed on opening…a first… it then loaded but couldn’t open my AXR4 interface drivers??? after a few force quits it opened but i had to go to the F4 settings and load all my ins and outs/control room.

I sent the crash logs to steinberg each time.

windows 11, Cubase 12, AXR4u, AMD 5950x

M

ok work with this for the moment For now the solution is to delete the Groove Agent SE.vst3 in /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components

For the same error listed above, I went to Library / Application Support / Steinberg, but there is no “components” folder there to delete “Groove Agent SE.vst3” and that file is not found on a computer search.

1 Like

I went through Forum after Forum trying to work out my issue with C12 hanging on start-up. I deleted preferences and everything. What I eventually found was an issue having my irig keys 37 connected to USB during start-up. Once I disconnected, Cubase 12 ran like a dream. I could then simply reconnect it.

I’m on a 2017 iMac with Monterey and Cubase 12 LE crashes on initialising, right after the Samplertrack.bundle.
I already own Cubase 11 Pro, but wanted to check what’s new in in C12. I have a license voor LE too, so thought, why not give it go. And I’m not deleting the GA vst…