Cubase 12 Crashing over and over

Here we go again, new update tons of crashes. Cubase 12 is crashing over and over for no reason. New project and old projects as well. It will start and work from empty session. Tried to do other things like open other file and crash… 3 years i never had this happen. Time to look at other DAWs, seems like cubase has run it course…

Having similar problems. Have you tried deleting/renaming your preferences folder? Also best to do the same for previous versions since 12 will copy your prefs over.

Which OS are you on?

I haven’t try to change folders name because I’m afraid I’ll lose work I’m on right now , but It does crashes opening right hand side window to check control room and boom , out.
Catalina OS

1 Like

There are major issues with this last update… 12 needs to be fixed…

Windows 10 pro…

I see now, very bad update many things to fix to even try to work with it.
I’ll go back to 11

I’m having same problem since I updated to 12.6 . I think its something to do with midi devices. I have 4 running through cubase. If I use them all in one session it crashes. Never had this issue before update. No problem with cpu or ram. Its driving me nuts.

Hi,
I haven’t been able to use cubase properly for months. Dozens and dozens of crashes as soon as I try to open certain projects, or as soon as I edit midi during playback. It’s unbearable. I haven’t upgraded to version 13 as the “Cubase 13 constantly crashing” topic has become a “trendic topic”… Has Cubase got you used to these failures?
Last crash:
Steinberg-Activation-Manager-Diagnostics_20240411T013212.zip (1.0 MB)
Thanks…

Here is the last crash (several each day…). This prevents me from using Cubase to work. Could someone help me please?
Cubase 12.0.70.464 64bit 2024.4.14 2.29.16.218.zip (1.4 MB)