Cubase 12 crashing using Ozone 9 on mastering

I appear to have everything working again. Didn’t reinstall everything in the end. Cleared out some old templates and presets. Rebuilt a template from scratch. Everything has been happy ever since. Not sure what was actually the cause but at least I am back to making music - OZ9 included.

Forgot to mention - Izotope did get back to me with in 24 hours. They provided the link I requested to the older version of OZ9. In the end that just helped me narrow my problem down to not being OZ9 specific- hence clearing out presets since that was the other thing that had changed in the period between good and bad.

I have just found out that Focusrite have got a new driver for the first edition 6i6 Scarlet June 1st.
I have loaded that up and will shortly test it , but i doubt that anything will change as i updated last time and no change.
I will now wait for Izotope to reply ,not 12 hours gone yet.
Alll the Best
John

Hi
I have contacted Izotope abot Ozone 9 and sent them my crash dumps and they came back to me and said try Admin rights,but still switching between reference and my own track randomly things freeze and poof Cubase 12 disappears.
This does not happen on anything else.
I only have Defender on when on the net and i only have AVG Tune up which i do not have on startup. I have nothing checked at start up.
So it looks like stalemate for me.

All the Best
John

Hi John,
I’m also having terrible problems with Ozone 10 on Cubase 12 (PC Win 10) to the point where it’s not workable at all. I’ve got about 5-10mins to do what I need with it, commit it to the wave file and unload the bloody thing before my whole machine locks up. My machine is very good, and doesn’t have anything close to this with anything else I do which includes 3d modelling and rendering etc.

Something I wanted to ask you is do you get these problems with any other DAWs on the same system? I asked because I use a few and Cubase is the only one that seems to have this issue, I’m wondering if it’s a steinberg problem as much as a iZotope however, appreciate that lots of other people aren’t having any problems (especially on mac I’d imagine)

1 Like

Hi Jake

I get Ozone 10 disapppear in Cubase randomly when i switch between Reference and gain match and bypass.
My Cubase log tells me it is an Ozone 10 engine problem, but Izotope will not recognize it and say call back if you get any more problems.
What i do is save every stage when using Ozone 10, so i do not have to start all over.
It may be switching over to different things quickly that causes Ozone 10 to have sporadic headaches.
I now after a few switching moves let things settle for about 10 seconds instead of switching quickly. I have a fast I7 computer, so Ozone 10 should not have any problems.
I have Arturia,and Korg collection Synths and sampletank and they run without any problems.
Neutron 4 runs without a hitch, also Tonal balance. AB Reference plugin and Ian Shepards dynameter.
Yes, there is a problem with Ozone 9 and 10 and the problem has not yet been fixed.
I am seriously thinking of buying Wavelab as it is at a good price until valantines day.
With that you can run Ozone10 inside Wavelab and if not then wavelab will be the obvious mastering tool to use.
This is what i will do as in this life you cannot take it with you when you kick the bucket.lol!!

Thanks John,
Even if it’s not a solution sometimes it’s good to know you’re not the only one struggling to use it.
It’s coincidental that you say Neutron works fine as I’m literally downloading the trial version now to do that exact test.

This was happening for me, and I think I fixed it by turning off “Constrain Delay Compensation” - Circular clock icon in very bottom left of Cubase.

1 Like

This worked for me! Thx!

I will give this a try and thanks for the information PWB
I will report back

All the best
John