Cubase 12 - Disk Cache Overload?

Hi fellow Cubasers,

When I import an audio file into Cubase 12 and have it on a loop cycle then when I goto the top to change the Transpose, Fine Tune or Musical Mode ON/OFF it will trigger the disk cache to overload. I have tried this on a empty project and it also produces the same problem.

Does anyone know why and what is causing this and how to fix it? :frowning:

I have also tried running LatencyMon and it says the audio is fine…

Computer Specs:

• Intel i7-12900K
  • ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F Motherboard
  • 32GB DDR5 RAM
  • ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070Ti
  • Crucial 500GB NVME SSD (300GB free space still available)

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Please, test your SDD drive, if it’s working properly.

Do you have lots of cuts in the project? Can you reproduce it in any project?

Hi, as stated in my post earlier:

I have tried testing on my projects and also tested it on an empty project and the problem happens regardless. Importing an audio file and playing it on a very small loop cycle while changing the Transpose, Fine Tune or Musical Mode will trigger disk cache to overload straight away.

How would I test my hard drive? I have looked at the temperatures and smart HDD test in the bios and it passed.

So not sure why I am getting this disk cache overload issue on a fairly new computer anyone know how to fix it? Also can anyone try to replicate the issue?

Anyone? @Steinberg?

:pensive:

Forget Steinberg they won’t help you. This disk overload issue is caused by a bug in the media centre. It sometimes converts files incorrectly. Do this. Convert all your audio again inside Cubase to AIFF or WAVE and watch the disk overload bug disappear permanently.
However you might be having a different issue as you using transpose to overload the disk catch. For me it was only when playing back a certain audio file.

Hi,

This is not a support channel, this is a user forum. You can contact your local Steinberg support.

Do you have any description, how to reproduce this bug, please?

I can not reproduce this bug consistently. I have had 3 projects so far that did this though. I have video on a FB Cubase group showing this bug. It’s a private group so unless you in there or join you can not see the video. Redirecting...