Cubase 12 doesn't work

Hi Martin,
the message says: “entry point not found”. I tried to reinstall Cubase, but still not working. Cubase 11 works!

Hi!
Yes, sorry. I work on Windows 10 platform, 64 bit.

Hi,

Did you install Cubase 12 as administrator, please?

Hi Martin,
yes, I installed Cubase 12 as administrator, but it doesn’t work the same.

Hi @Martin.Jirsak

Is this a standard recommendation (install as administrator), or only something to try if problems arise?

In general, where can we find the best complete set of instructions?

Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry, I’m not Windows user, but if I want make sure, the application has correct permissions to access all necessary folders and files, I recommend to install it as administrator. And from my experience, it helped already many times.

1 Like

Hi,

Can you see the Cubase 12.exe file in the location mentioned in the message, please?

Of course, yes. I’m desperate! I also sent a ticket to Steinberg, but I’ve not received reply.

Have you checked the system requirements? The message displayed says that some Windows API is not available which Cubase needs to work.

Hi!
Now also Cubase 11, Groove Agent, Halion SE etc. don’t work. Same error. I think that there are some issues with Windows 10 update.

Hi,

These errors might be related to the new licensing system. It depends on the errors what they say.

What’s your actual release?

Hi Martin,
I think you’re right. I done a cleanup and Cubase 11 works again. Issues remain with Cubase 12 and its components.

Hi,
my actual release is “Windows 10 Home - 1607”.

You are running a very old version of Windows 10. That could be part of the problem

It’s hard to find these days, but the system requirements for Cubase 12 are:

• 64-bit Windows 10 Version 21H2 (or higher) / 64-bit Windows 11 Version 21H2 (or higher)
  • macOS Big Sur / macOS Monterey

8.0 GB minimum RAM required
70.0 GB free storage space

2 Likes

Sorry isn’t 21H2 Windows 10? Do you need Windows 11 to run C12?

No. Read it again…

Both, Win 10 and Win 11 have a 21H2 release.

Thank you so much.
I’ll try to update Windows 10 with some technical support. And I hope that this will solve the issue.

Hello Cristina! I had exactly the same issue, and effectively updating the Windows 10 to 21H2 it got solved, and thanks Arne for the information. The Windows update is available in the Microsoft Windows 10 website.
for any other people who may require it.
cheers!