Cubase 12 export is very slow

It takes 4 minutes to export an 8 tracks project. The same job it takes around 30 seconds in cubase 11! Please help

I noticed this aswell. Maybe i got something wrong here but offline rendering works flawlessly and obviously takes as much time as the song. as soon as i do it “online” the bouncetime increases by quite a bit. a 3 minute rocksong took me nearly 12 minutes to render. on cubase 11 it was always quicker to do it the “non live” way.

System is a macbook pro m1max with 32gig ram running cubase 12

Same problem here. Im working on a very large project, and the export time is almost 6 times longer then the duration of the project it self. So realtime export is faster. Im using a mac mini 2020 m1 16GB.

Same problem here. I7 12700 48Gb RAM m2 SSD. Very large project, but with cubase 11 export time was 2 minutes and now is 7, and CPU is used 100%. Maybe it’s some kind of zero-day bug?

Same here. 3hour long project (broadcasting) takes 4h to render in cub 12
in cub11 same 1h 30min or less

1 Like

Also experiencing slow offline export times. A 3:47 song just took 3:12 to export offline which isn’t saving much time. This is especially problematic when exporting a lot of stems printed through the mix bus. I feel like offline export should be much faster. Offline exports in Protools and Studio One on a heavy project typically export 3-5x faster than the song length. I remember earlier versions of Cubase having much faster export times.

So, we never figured this out, did we?

I have to export a 25min mix every week. It takes roughly 23 minutes - supposedly offline. There were issues this week, so I had to export it 4 times. Total, it took well over an 1hr 15min. Again, offline. No external instruments or FX. No realtime option checked.

This is just absurd.

2 Likes

same here. so much longer render time in cubase 12. what is this about?

the export process itself (1% … 100%) does take a long time.
and it takes also a considerable time until it begins to export (respectively until it begins to show 1%) and it takes a lot longer until it finalizes the export (after it showed 100%… then I have to wait a long time for the finalization after this 100%). no good!

24/96khz . cubase 12 . updated . macook 16 m1pro (this computer is really fast and silent! wow).

I recently had this issue too. It seems to be an issue of Cubase hogging your computer’s CPU. While exporting, I checked in the task manager and saw that the CPU was at 100%. This was strange because I have an i9 processor that’s really fast and the project I was exporting only had about 25 tracks or so in it.

What helped me was changing the buffer size on my interface to a higher setting. This sped up exporting considerably, but it still took longer than it would have in the past. So maybe try this and see if it works for you.

4 Likes

So the same project with the same plugins takes about a third of the time in C11 compared to C12?

So I tested it here and could reproduce it as well.
The export time is double on C12 compared to C11. Same project, takes 6 mins in C12 and 3 mins in C11. Thats 50% slower on my machine.

Also CPU usage during rendering is about 40% on C11 and 100% on C12.

Please tag this thread as an issue @alexandru_stoicea

edit: here the screenshots:

This is a serious isse:

C11

C12

1 Like

Take a look at the bigger thread over here, the issues seems to show up when exporting to a different sample rate than the one you are working on in your project, thats why it most probably did not affect everyone.

100% CPU Usage when mixdown - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Same problem here on 2 difrent computers (i7 / i9) Average export time on CB11: 0,5 x track length , CB12 1,2-1,5 x track length.

Yeah, its when you mixdown to a different sample rate than your project. Hopefully this will be solved ASAP.

1 Like

Don’t get your hopes high, it’s Steinberg :confused:

1 Like

Hi, so i had a similar problem. Project sample rate and the mixdown were same still had the same problem. Turns out changing my buffer size to a higher value made my exports comparatively fast. I hope this helps you all.

1 Like