Cubase 12 freezes (win10)

I removed three old versions of Cubase, I’ll see if that helps but I’m still flying blind. Why am I having this problem when other users aren’t? Can you explain the problem so I can decide for myself what to do? I’m getting very frustrated.

Hi,

I’m sorry, I don’t know why does it work at other system, but doesn’t at yours.

Can you direct me to someone who might know?

Hi,

Rise a support ticket, please.

Can someone please help me with my crash repot?

@B_Side_Music Your dump file appears to be 1.9GB in size. This is highly irregular. All the .dmp files I have seen have been around 1MB. Did you create it according to Martin’s instructions above?

I’m not sure where you’re getting the 1.9 GB number from. The crashdump I attached in this thread is 1.2 MB. Can you perhaps clarify?

Cubase 12.0.40.317 64bit 2022.9.17 11.48.36.335.dmp (902.6 KB)
Hi, on my laptop, often my Cubase 12 Pro freezes at closing. I have several crash dumps, some zero bytes and some not zero. Attached the last no zero one. My laptop description is in my signature. Audio driver used ASIO4All, internal sound device (Realtek High Definition Audio). Can anyone please help me to read the crash dump (and hopefully understand/solve the issue too)? Many thanks!

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Many thanks Martin, I will try Safe Mode as soon as possible, and then I’ll report back here.