Cubase 12 hanging at "checking license"

This is probably rather to be expected for a short while, but Cubase 12, to which I upgraded last night and which worked fine (better than fine, by the way), is now hanging at the license-checking stage.

edit: In Task Manager, “Checking Licenses” pops up as “not responding”, drops every few seconds, and restarts with the same problem.

My bigger concern, is that now that I’ve installed cubase 12, cubase 11 is no longer loading. Dongle is still present. This can’t be right, time to turn it off and on again…

1 Like

Once the license is activated, Cubase needs no internet connection to work.

Ok, good. Yep the restart fixed it, so I was wrong. Does Cubase 12 use the same crashpadhandler? I saw there were a couple copies of it running and closed them before I restarted but it didn’t fix the problem… must have been something else. Something that stopped 11 from running too…

me too on windows 11. when connecting a secondary hard drive without an internet connection cubase 12 does not open. force me to reconnect to open cubase 12

volume_up

content_copy

me too on windows 11. when connecting a secondary hard drive without an internet connection cubase 12 does not open. force me to reconnect to open cubase 12

Please read this!

Who is forcing you?

steinberg activation manager

Has happened to me a couple of times. I’ve been doing a session all day and it appeared out of nowhere. USB iLok connected and wired connection to the router.

checking licenses

2 Likes

I have the above “not responding” in Task Manager right now, too

2 Likes