Cubase 12 is coming in 2022

12 01 2022???

2 Likes

The update from Cubase 11 to Cubase 12 will probably be EUR 99.

11 Likes

Great news - having recently ordered one of the new MacBook Pro’s! Can you clarify the statement in the FAQ’s “A single-user license is intended for a single person, and it is not permitted to use the software simultaneously on two computers”. Does this mean you will not be able to use Cubase 12 on a MacBook & Desktop at the same time?

Thanks for the update, As someone who’s desperately been hanging on for the new MIDI API since last year, do you have any kind of indication if C12 will be in the opening months of 2022?

Just feels like a long wait has just got infinitely longer :frowning:

1 Like

You can install Cubase on as many systems as you want. But you can only activate it on two systems at a time. I guess that part is clear. The End User License Agreements says that you have just a single-user license, so only you will be permitted to use the software. It won’t be allowed to share your account with another user. That’s what the “use the software simultaneously” part is about.

2 Likes

I cannot announce the actual release date yet. Dorico 4 will be the first product with Steinberg Licensing in early 2022 and Cubase 12 will be the next in line.

5 Likes

Congrats Matthias ! take your time, I hope Cubase 12 will be a great step forward!

(diying to know about those new features though)

1 Like

Thanks for the response. So potentially using system link using my ageing iMac (my second system) for those legacy, non-apple silicon plug-ins is an option? Also will add further flexibility for future potential desktop upgrades. If so, using Cubase cross-platform on 2 systems will be a neat USP for some.

In any case, really look forward to learning more, as going by what I have seen & learnt - Cubase on native Apple silicon will be an absolute beast of a system :wink:

I understand that products such as Cubase, Nuendo, Dorico, WaveLab, SpectraLayers, Absolute, and VST Connect Pro will be progressively upgraded to the new licensing system as new major versions are released. But what about products from which no major new versions are ever released? Like Groove Agent or Retrologue expansions (Simon Philips, Blues Essentials, Vintage Classics … you know), or the Basic FX Suite, or even the free products for HALion (Alto Glockenspiel, Guitar Harmonics) will they also be updated to work with the new licensing system?

1 Like

Yes, that is an option.

1 Like

Many of those products (mainly content sets) that won’t see any new major release can still be ported to the new license management system, and this will also be part of the transition period.

1 Like

off topic: If Cubase only gets native Apple M1 support from version 12, what about Nuendo? Also with Nuendo 12?
Nuendo is usually updated much later.

1 Like

Yes, Nuendo 12 will also support Apple silicon natively.

2 Likes

That does help open up the “flexibility” referenced as part of the new license system :clap: :clap:

Slightly miffed that I caved (read: finished a handful of ongoing projects) and activated C11 two weeks ago, but on the other hand I can now stop having Elements versions of Cubase and Wavelab on the travel system, so perhaps it evens out. …I’d still like some backwards rubberbanding of the grace period though :slight_smile:
j,

1 Like

Perhaps someone can comment what happens if an internet connection is not possible - e.g. playback on a liveshow where a connection is not possible. I would have thought the either/or approach (USB key OR internet connection) is a more versatile way to do it

3 Likes

I just hope Cubase 12 will finally have some integration with Dorico. They are after all made by the same company :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

You can go offline for up to 30 days. So as long as you have been online a couple of days before your gig, you will be good.

4 Likes

So it was all ballshit , you are tied to the internet , you are graciously allowing us to go off line for 30 days , whoopy shite . my machines spend years off line .

6 Likes

Please have a look at the FAQ:
Can I use Steinberg products on systems that are not connected to the internet at all?

4 Likes