Activating and deactivating Steinberg Licensing licenses

Hello all!!

Support team doesn’t answer my ticket, so I will try to get some info here…

What are you doing with Cubase 12 licensing limit? I installed Cubase 12 in my two iMacs (studio and home) and my MacBook. For other reasons I made two fresh installation on two of them and now I can not install Cubase 12, it says that I have reached the limit and there is no way to deactivate old installations.

I opened a ticket but nobody answers… So I can’t work with two machines :frowning:

Honestly, I don’t understand a licensing system that punish users so long. What if in a rush?. With eLicenser this had never happened.

Plugin-Alliance plugins uses a similar licensing system but you can deactivate machines in your personal account place on their website. Why Steinberg deleted this feature from MySteinberg area in the website?

I use Cubase from SX3, and have never been so deeply insatisfied like now.

4 Likes

Hi,

You can deactivate the “seat” from the valid and activated computer. So if you would deactivate your Cubase license before the system reinstallation, you could use this seat afterwards.

Now, you have to get in contact with the Steinberg (local) support and wait until they release your seat(s). Sorry…

Hi David,

I have reset your activations.

All the best,
Matthias

5 Likes

Because the computer that previously activated the software license is missing, the license cannot be revoked in the activation manager at this time. When I activate it again on another computer, it indicates that the activation time has reached the maximum, making the software unusable. Can you ask for help to solve this problem. My ID: 275486627@qq.com Thank you, administrator

Hello Matthias, could you please reset my activations too, please.
Again and again I get two activations although I have only one PC with Cubase 12 installed. Yesterday it happened again after I pushed the power switch by chance with my foot while Cubase was running After that again there were two activations in My Steinberg account. One starts with f and the other with 2.
I think this activation manager needs to get improved.
Regards
Anton Martin

3 Likes

Hello Stein Berg team
Please manage licenses via the site without resorting to customer service such as Waves, for example. If your computer dies, you can deactivate via the site

I don’t know why all this complication

Thank you and all respect to you

2 Likes

Thanks Matthias

I had the notification email about your answer in spam, so I have just seen it.

I thought it was ‘magically’ solved but obviously, not.

Many thanks again

Hi Matthias!

I think that this may be the solution to my issue too?

I had installed Cubase 12 on my main studio PC on March 3rd and when I came to install on my laptop on May 4th, I got a message claiming that the software was already installed on three machines…it wasn’t. When I returned to use my main studio PC a week later, I was locked out and I couldn’t de-activate a licence in the Steinberg Activation Manager, as neither my Studio PC nor my Laptop showed as having a licence to deactivate.

Is someone, somewhere using my activations? Has my account become compromised?

I raised a support ticket on May 4th and I have been waiting on a reply for 4 weeks now.

My ticket number is #481443

Please could you reset my account and possible explain what has happened, so that I may avoid it happening again (if the issue was somehow caused by me)?

Many thanks

Terry

Hello Mathias, I also need to refresh my Cubase 12 activation.
One of them got stuck when formatting my computer.

Thank you so much.

@Terry_Grew @Yuricsilva I have released your activations.

3 Likes

Thank-you for sorting this and thanks for letting me know! :+1:t2:

It has happened to me again. A Windows 10 re-installation and a BIOS reset and I now have 3 installations and can’t access Cubase 12.0.3. Do you need help from the Steinberg Team to deactivate because I can’t see anyway to do it from the Activation Manager?

@Tim_Roland_Schumache I have released your activations.

1 Like

Thank you sir. Now back to work. Have a GREAT DAY.

@Matthias_Quellmann can you please help me release my licenses as well. I was testing cubase on my various machines and also recently upgraded some hardware and can no longer activate it on any of my devices.

Mattthias: After you helped with releasing my activations things were going well until late last night.(actually early this morning. I purchased a new hard drive to consolidate everything Cubase & VST and the activation manager will not load. 4 hours last night & 5 hours this morning and I still can’t get It to load. Any Ideas?

I don’t know what you did but I just checked and my license was found and there was no need for the activation manager. Cheers!!

Hello Matthias,
again I have one Cubase activation in “My Steinberg” even though I have not activated it on any PC.
At the moment I am migrating from my Music-PC to an new one.
On the old PC I had this issue of double activation even though there was Cubase 12 only activated on one computer. I don’t understand that, but I would really like to know what causes this issue. Windows 10 made an update today, maybe this caused a new activation.
Could you please erase all activations from my account? Thanks a lot!
Toni

I could solve it by myself . I think it was a new data-harddisc. I disconnected it an then could erase the activation. I think this system is much too sensitive.
Regards
Toni

1 Like

Hello Matthias,
I’m sorry for the inconvenience. I have the same problem - my Cubase Pro 12 is installed on only two computers - desktop and mobile, but I receive message “No license found - Activation limit reached” and in My Steinberg account I can see registrations on 3 different computers with corresponding ID’s. Would you reset my registration counter, please?
Thanks a lot!