Cubase 12 Midi remote editor fader

hey everyone,

I updated to C12 and was setting up my Oxygen 88 keyboard in the midi remote editor and for some reason none of the faders send CC info. The transport works and seems like I can assign other functions but no CC info from faders( even though it shows them as being assigned cc11 etc). I also can’t change the cc number for faders ,I’m sure it’s something simple but can’t figure it out.

thnx
G

Hi,

Do the faders send the MIDI Message via the same MIDI Port as the Transport buttons, please?

I’m not sure, how do I check that ?thnx

the knobs work fine with it and transport too

I’m seeing in "item properties " that the faders are assigned to cc11 etc but then it shows in edit mode that they’re not mapped. When I go to mapping mode there’s no option to add cc to the faders , everything else but that.

Hi,

You can use any MIDI Monitor application to double-check the MIDI Port name while moving the controllers.

On Mac it’s MIDI Monitor, on Windows MIDI-OX.

I actually read in another forum that if your faders are automatically assigned from you keyboard that you can’t assign in midi remote editor , I removed them from the editor panel and they work but aren’t shown( they show the cc11 etc in the key editor) . Maybe I need to unassigned them in my Oxygen 88 , but probably not worth the hassle .

thnx
G

Hi,

Do you use the MIDI Input as any Remote Device?

I just looked at the midi monitor folder on my Mac( I have the problem on both Mac and PC), should I trash the “Earlier Presets” folder?
in Studio set up there’s one oxygen 88 remote device legacy listed.

thnx
G

Hi,

You can just rename the Preferences folders, to use the Factory settings. Please rename also previous Cubase versions preferences folders.

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64