Cubase 12 migration/install on Windows 11 - my experience and a few tips

I will be continuing to use a version of Wavelab and possibly decide use Cubase 11…no final decisons made as yet so will need the eLicensor attached at least for WL. It is most important to have reliability and efficiency of ASIO/CPU use.

There are decisions that need to be made. Generally the dongle plugs in and stays in, never being moved so should be ok. If it breaks, well I will have to deal with that if/when it happens. I have now got a upgraded 11 to 12 licence on the eLicensor. (In a very serious emergency I have a competent “music making” PC I can throw fast into action with 9.0.2 on it as well with sep dongle/licence - also working flawlessly - truly amazingly actually)

This is a very slow process and will be a little dynamic depending on what happens over the next year or so. There is no rush. The only rush would be if my existing,“perfect” work PC has a catastrophic failure…which is unlikely. It is built with many components with 10 year warranty. There are no moving parts except for 1 large spinning non system drive which does not have mission critical data on it.

I will be honest I thought more seriously about Reaper…I find it really clunky and weird to use this I why I never could use it is as a main DAW. I could use it in an emergency if serious need be… but prefer to use Cubase for many reasons. I am sure Reaper works fine as well but it is not something I care to have to learn in spare time. Strange name for a DAW.

I have trusted Cubase for a long time and it has been a real ally in my professional work and outside of work musical life.